What's new

1794 LC

smokedaddy

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2008
Messages
329
Reaction score
104
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum / Fisher 1266X / Minelab Sovereign Elite/ Garrett AT/Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thought I would show you all my oldest US Cent that I have ever dug. Last year I popped out a US 1796 LC. I dug this 1794 in another field using my AT Pro. Sure wish these LC came out of the ground in better shape. Anyway. Have a nice day !
 

Attachments

  • 1794 LC 1.webp
    1794 LC 1.webp
    78 KB · Views: 139
  • 1794 2.webp
    1794 2.webp
    84.4 KB · Views: 113
Upvote 24
They don't fare too well in the soil but I can see that date really well,congrats!
 
Well you seemed to have cleaned it just right, and stopped cleaning at just the right time. Congrats on the find and preservation.

Cheers
 
can't get much older than that. At least you can ID it. I've dug plenty of slick slugs
 
Congratualtions! The liberty cap cent are my favorite coins to find. :occasion14:
 
VMI Digger,

She's Beautiful!

Doc
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom