fat fred

Apr 23, 2012
savannah ga
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been digging about two years now and although I've found some good stuff, this is my favorite so I figured it would make a good 1st "today's find" post for me. And I want to thank my digging buddy Larry (aka "Two Pockets") for getting me hooked. I'd appreciate it if anyone could tell me what Sheldon # she is. Thanks in advance! 17988888888888o.jpg1798r.jpg

Upvote 45
I love the emerald green color of that coin. She's a beauty. :happysmiley:.

thank you! I was speechless as the dirt fell away and then to aggravate my buddy I yelled out "BOOM...BABY!!!" :)

The verdigris and condition of that coin is amazing! :o
Great find there Fred! :thumbsup:

Dave

I can tell you for sure , that I have never seen a dug up Draped Bust Large Cent with that kind of high relief detail - especially on the
obverse . The hair details are ridiculously nice - I'm stunned - That coin must have gone into the ground in AU. or Uncirculated !

Awesome detail on that one!

Now if your last hunt, That should Be on the Banner !
First one I've ever seen In that Detail.
My vote is in :laughing7:

this is a legit "today's find" post right ?
Not a best find from a year or so ago ?
sorry not meant as a put down, but the way you said
this is my favorite so I figured it would make a good 1st "today's find" post for me.
makes me think it should be Moved to Best Finds :unhappysmiley:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/403755-todays-finds-not-todays-posts.html

Beautiful Coin :thumbsup:

Congrats ! She looks like she was lost before the Turn of the Century.

Last edited:
It's from my last dig, last week

sorry not meant as a put down, but the way you said makes me think it should be Moved to Best Finds :unhappysmiley:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/403755-todays-finds-not-todays-posts.html

Took me a week to get a good picture and post it. Thanks for all the comments!

sorry not meant as a put down, but the way you said makes me think it should be Moved to Best Finds :unhappysmiley:

Bit of a kill joy don't you think, jeff?
That is the best looking dug copper I ever seen posted, it should go banner just because of how nice it looks. It also should remain on todays finds, just because more people would see it.

Sorry, not meant as a put down jeff, just my opinion.

That is the best looking dug copper I ever seen posted, it should go banner just because of how nice it looks. It also should remain on todays finds, just because more people would see it.

it's my fault guys my original post was not very clear. I'm a newbie and in my excitement to post my latest and best find I chose my words poorly. No offense taken, Jeff was right to question. Thanks again for all the comments. I need to study the stickies at the top before I post willy nilly lol!

LOL Yes it is a "bit of a Kill Joy" as you say, But the rules have to be spread Evenly 8-)

Anyway it appears to be a Non Issue at this point & as I said

I gave it the First Banner vote :thumbsup: even if it was with stipulation
it had to be Recent

Awesome nice coin. Congrats!

Tremendous detail on that copper, Fred. You could detect for a lifetime and not do any better than that. My vote is in as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back