What's new

1800s copper or 1900s silver?

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2013
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
1,221
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. I have two sites. One produces 1830-1870 large cents. The other 1920- 1950 small silver. I live in Ohio and must concentrate on one before this years freeze arrives. Wondering what the TNeter's would do? Personally, I want the coppers. Thanks, HH and good luck. Peace...
 
I'd go for the coppers. Might be silver there after the copper and iron are out.
 
Thanks smokeythecat! The only silver found on the "copper site" is a 1835 half dime? It was deep too. No iron tho. Thanks
 
I like the older coin site, but go with you gut feeling, it's never wrong.
 
Well that is an easy one for a Tennessee boy. The earlier coins are a bit rarer here. Honestly believe that I could get silver most days here with a few sites I have on the back burner. The LC's are few and far between as we were later in our settlements as a rule. Every one has heard me cry about it before, but I am in an early 1800's site now, actually a couple, and have dug lots of flat buttons and relics from the era but so far not a single coin. NONE...... NADA. Get those LC's. :icon_thumleft:
 
Being in western Montana i've not dug or ever talked to anyone who has dug a large cent so you know my vote.
 
Make this another vote for the large cents. Even though most of them are corroded and not worth anything, it is really a thrill to find one.

Some older sites really are tough to find any... it's like the people didn't even drop one penny. I've hunted a couple of those places. But usually if you are persistent you will find at least one.
 
Reason LCs are scarce is you could hear them hit the ground.
 
Thanks Msbeep x2!
 
Thanks lastleg. Although, I/we in Ohio don't find LCs on a regular, they often show. Usually readable and in fair to good shape. Peace
 
Coppa Baby ! No Hesitation on this call for me - I now live in Southern Arizona - (Green Valley) so the chances of me finding a "largie" are
like slim and none ...and slim left town !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom