1800s pocket spill in my kitchen!!! unreal

bootey_hunter

Apr 21, 2010
ok first off let me say i dont have a digicam so i cant post pics yet but THIS is a must read!!... i am new to TreasureNet and this is my first season Metal Detecting.. My recent finds have been nothing amazing. A couple Merc Dimes 1923/1935, silver quarter 1957, Buffalo nickel 1936, Wheatey 1949 along with some other misc finds.
Now for the 1800s pocket spill story.
i was recently on vacation and havent shaved in a while, once i got home i couldnt wait to shave but i have some ingrown hairs on my neck.. i figured i get out a sewing needle and pluck the suckers out. i recall a strange brass looking tin container near the microwave in my mothers kitchen and thought maybe there would be sewing needles in it. i opened it up and HOLY COW!!! 13 varies coins from the 1800s came pouring out!! i couldnt believe it! i had seen this brass container sitting there for months maybe a year! needless to say i was in AWE!! Here is a list of what was in it.

-1857 flying eagle cent
-1825 liberty head large cent
-1899 victoria one penny large
-1875 victoria 3 cent
-1881 2 1/5 cent silver from columbia
-1909 canadian edward 1 cent
-1912 canadian georgivs 1 cent
- and about 5 other coins from late 1800s that seem to be russian or of some slovic country..

any ideas on what these coins might be worth?

im still in shock..

i hope to have pics up soon.

HH!!!!!

Upvote 0

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on condition ,if key dates ? and most of all pictures nice find :thumbsup: Dd60

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
Sounds cool but we could do without the ingrown hair info thank you very much.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I guess I'm a little confused. These coins were in plain sight in your mom's kitchen but you "found" them ? The word found kinda indicates that something was recovered that had been lost. If your mom knew she had these and you took them.... well... nuff said. I think some more details of how you came to have these is in order...

OP
OP
bootey_hunter

bootey_hunter

Apr 21, 2010
ok i guess i could have done without the ingrown hair part but im sure someone would have been asking why i was looking for a sewing needle.. also, i guess i could say that i "found" them considering i had no clue the coins were inside the brass container. my father had come across them but had never told anyone. he just simply placed the container next to the microwave and there it sat for months. if i wasnt looking for a sewing needle who knows how long it would have been til i "found" what was inside...

ill try to get pics up very soon to validate the years and condition.

ty guys!

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait to see the pics...of the coins that is. You could put up pics of the ingrown hairs if you like, that always gets the ladies!!! :o

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damon64 said:
Can't wait to see the pics...of the coins that is. You could put up pics of the ingrown hairs if you like, that always gets the ladies!!! :o

I hope he was shaving his beard :-\ :wink: :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread