1800s Pocket Spill!!! Silver!! Indians!! V-Nickel!!!

OhioCoinHunter

Feb 15, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac with Sunray X-1 Probe, 8x6 SEF Butterfly coil, 10x12 SEF Butterfly coil, 15x12 SEF Butterfly Coil
1800's Pocket Spill!!! Silver!! Indians!! V-Nickel!!!

When I got to the park last evening, the sun was already starting to set. I figured I had about a half hour to hunt. This is a park that skunked me the last two times I hunted it. It's a tough place. I figured I'd swing my coil (10X12 SEF Butterfly) for a little while and dig some iffy signals. I dug a few junk targets and then scored an 1899 V-nickel in great condition. The weird thing about that nickel signal was that it had a conductivity number of 36 on my E-trac. That's a pretty high number for a nickel. I re-scanned the hole and got another signal. Out from that same hole came an 1898 Indian Head penny! Alright! Pocket spill!! My heart was racing. As if that were not enough, I re-scanned again and got another signal. It turned out to be a 1902 Indian Head penny. I then re-scanned once again and got another signal. It was very high toned and the conductivity number was 47. That really got me excited. I probed the dirt and spotted the glint of silver. It was quarter sized. I picked it up and saw stars peeking from the dirt on the coin. I knew then it was a Barber quarter - the first one I have ever found! I can't tell you how excited I was. My left hand was shaking as I filmed the find. As if that weren't enough - yup - there was something else in the hole. I pulled an 1889 Indian Head cent out of there! From that one hole I got a V-nickel, three Indians and a Barber quarter. I cleaned the quarter up after I got home. It's an 1892. I love this hobby! Dan

All of these coins came out of the same hole!
4542463898_5ff48c72da.jpg

1892 Barber Quarter!!!
4541830439_26408ae4f9.jpg

4541830871_503bb004a7.jpg

Video from the hunt
The video is in two parts because I didn't want to edit any part of the experience.

Part I: 1800's Pocket Spill!

Part II: 1800's Pocket Spill!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread