What's new

1801 Draped Bust Large Cent in Good Condition

PA Sleuth

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
260
Reaction score
708
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E Trac, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Recently hunted a Colonial era house. Someone had obviously hunted there before me, as I saw evidence of fresh plugs. But they missed these beauties, all of which were found in a ten foot radius. I have found three Draped Bust LCs in my short career, but this one is in the nicest shape. The Mercury is a 1919D, but it has seen better days.

IMG_1291.webpIMG_1293.webp
 
Upvote 46
Congrats on pulling those 3 keepers. :occasion14: It's always extra special when you pull quality coins from a previously hunted site. :thumbsup:
 
Very nice finds. The LC is just killer. Some of Vino's luck must have rubbed off onto you! Best of luck.
 
Beautiful , I wouldn't touch it - the surfaces are nice - (honest patina )
 
Congratz! Awesome LC!
 
Sometimes the best is saved for last, soup and bottom feeding both can be very satisfying, nice going on the coinage.
 
That's a great looking cent, awesome!
 
That's a pretty sweet draped bust, not every day they pop out in that shape, congrats on the silver too!
 
Congrats on the great finds! That Draped Bust LC is in amazing shape- probably the best I've seen posted.

-- Jeff --
 
Nice finds, the LC looks real nice ! :icon_thumleft:
 
Nice hunt,very nice DBLC!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
Congrats on those nice finds.
 
I would say that LC is better than good. I've yet to find a large copper with a date! Great coin! Congratulations
 
Great coin Sleuth! !
Love the look of it.
You dont need my luck, I need yours. Lol
 
Great DBLC. It's a special thing to find a nice one.

Steve
 
Recently hunted a Colonial era house. Someone had obviously hunted there before me, as I saw evidence of fresh plugs. But they missed these beauties, all of which were found in a ten foot radius. I have found three Draped Bust LCs in my short career, but this one is in the nicest shape. The Mercury is a 1919D, but it has seen better days.

View attachment 1214231View attachment 1214232


NICE!!! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom