What's new

1801 Half Cent?

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2012
Messages
1,215
Reaction score
3,806
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this half cent a while ago but the date was difficult to make out. I played with it today and was able make out the features and the date a little better. To my eye the date looks like 1801, however I can’t find any listing for an 1801 half cent. What do you guys think?
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1545666841.357731.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1545666855.186281.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1545666872.408637.webp
 
WoW!
Very special find! :icon_thumright:
I'm gonna put THAT one on my Bucket List, too...!
 
Upvote 0
I think if its really 1801 you can retire lol.

Its a draped bust so has to be between 1800 - 1808.


I'm going to guess an 1806 with part of the 6 missing....
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have wanted to find a half cent for fourty years .. What a great find...Merry Christmas...
 
Upvote 0
I think if its really 1801 you can retire lol.

Its a draped bust so has to be between 1800 - 1808.


I'm going to guess an 1806 with part of the 6 missing....

I used up all my luck just finding it, but i guess it being an 1801 would be wishful thinking. [emoji16] some have said 1804, but I don’t see it.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1545669265.686838.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1545669284.434521.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It has the first reverse of 1800.

What it's not: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8.
That leaves 0 and 6
It doesn't look like 0 to me, so I'll go with 1806, small 6, Stems.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom