What's new

1803 - 1812 US Militia Button

xlt nh

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2006
Messages
550
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cheshire, Mass
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, DFX 300
Hi All! I've been working a new Colonial Cellar Hole for the past week...and went back last night with my 5.3" Coil to hit the thicker areas around the foundation...

I've already dug 23 buttons on this site...which is a new record at one area for me...and last night dug #24..an a DOOOOZiE! :D

It's a US Militia Button, and according to Alberts (if I am reading it correctly) it was made in London between 1798-1802. The Eagle is facing right with 17 Stars surrounding it.

The reverse reads 'Best Quality' and has a perfect shank ;D

This is my first Militia Button dating to that time period...Yahoooooo! :)

HH, Hank 8)
 

Attachments

  • US Militia Button  8-22-08 2.webp
    US Militia Button 8-22-08 2.webp
    41.2 KB · Views: 658
  • US Militia Button  8-22-08 3.webp
    US Militia Button 8-22-08 3.webp
    37.8 KB · Views: 644
Upvote 0
Thats really awesome! The detail is clear to! Fabulous! :)
 
Nice button,

I love hunting old cellar holes

HH Jer
 
Thanks for all the information and comments....I have learned so much from the Relics I dig...History is Awesome!! :thumbsup:

I hope you all find one just as nice in your next digs.. :)

HH, Hank 8)
 
Hank, about 18 buttons from the botton(ri069) on this website is your type of button for sale, click on the photo and it will blow up the size and show both sides, the one for sale looks undug.

http://www.civilwarbuttons.com/infantry.htm

Don
 
That's simply a fantastic find!
Don and IP -- Thanks for taking the time time to help with the info!
Boy would it make my summer to find something like this.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom