1803-1813 Navy Eagle Button, Bunch of Buttons, and 1888IHP

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New semester of grad school started so I've been busy but here are my finds from the same ol site the past couple times. VMI and I started finding more buttons and relics not too far from where we were sifting but it was in a trashy area. Really glad I decided to grid the area. Popped out my oldest military button with this what I believe to be a 1803-1813 Navy Eagle button. Let me know if you have any info on it. I also dug a bunch of other flat buttons and buckles in the same area. One of these was a plain two piece button that was pretty busted up. Dug a coin shaped object that has no details on it at all so no idea what it is...maybe just play money from the turn of the century to ww2 not sure. Over all the finds have slowed down but that has happened before and next thing you know we were pulling out Reales and buttons so I'm not too worried. Either way we are looking for new dirt as one should always be trying to do. Good luck out there and thanks for looking.

IMG_4199.jpgIMG_4201.jpgIMG_4202.jpgIMG_4204.jpgIMG_4211.jpgIMG_4214.jpgIMG_4268.jpgIMG_4270.jpgIMG_4271.jpgIMG_4272.jpgIMG_4273.jpgIMG_4274.jpg

Upvote 15
Thanks DnD! This one was quite the surprise. Oldest mil button we have dug from this site so its a morale booster for sure

I though Jon was away?! Nice digs Stef....Brad reaaaaaly wants one of those;)

Cheers

You have some nice button there.This place look good enough to go back again.

Cheers

He is some of these finds were with him. We hit the site alone sometimes. The Navy button I dug after he left for the day which is pretty typical. But thanks man. Pretty pumped about the button!

You have some nice button there.This place look good enough to go back again.

Thank you! Yeah we have been digging this site for about 6 months or more now. Pretty large property so always plenty of dirt for us to dig.

Beautiful. And great pictures. The green patina on the targets just drips with age and history.

Beautiful. And great pictures. The green patina on the targets just drips with age and history.

Yep gotta love the green! Especially when you see it in the hole. Thank you.

Killer button man! Love the patina and contrast on that one. Awesome job.

Wow thanks for the great post I wish I had that kind of history here I bet this is a very relaxing and fun break from Grad School Keep up the great finds Tommy

Cheers

I have an 1812 Navy, I want a CANNON button.... Got a script A, artillery... but I want the artillery with the cannons on it. :headbang:

Killer button man! Love the patina and contrast on that one. Awesome job.

Thanks Brad! Yeah whenever I dig a flatly I'm always hoping to look at the front and see and eagle, it finally happened. I did minimum cleaning on it that's for sure.

Wow thanks for the great post I wish I had that kind of history here I bet this is a very relaxing and fun break from Grad School Keep up the great finds Tommy

Yeah you need to move down south man! I'm from the Chicago area and I'm never going back lol. Too nice weather and too many treasures. Thanks for your comment!

Sweet buttons, congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back