Cape Hunter

May 17, 2019
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recent hunt was interesting for sure. Found at a area I can walk to right from my home. This makes 4 of the same year 1803 US One Cent Draped Busts I have found here on the cape. Found other dates as well but this one is in better than usual condition. I do have one 1803 which is better than this one. It's now at PCGS getting graded. Guess I now have another one to send. Found this sterling silver top to a brush with monogram. Rang a solid 99 on my Equinox 900. Thought for sure it was going to be a silver dollar. Dang, but still nice. Also part of a old barrel tap. This 1832 Nova Scotia one penny token. I find lots of them here for some reason. This one is totally slick on the reverse. Also a nice dandy button, better than most and still has it's shank. Thanks for looking! Bill

Attachments

• 1803 1.jpg
    1803 1.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 206
  • 1803 reverse 2.jpg
    1803 reverse 2.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 143
  • silver brush top.jpg
    silver brush top.jpg
    416.6 KB · Views: 133
  • tap coin button.jpg
    tap coin button.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 46

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is one beautiful LC. I have had the good fortune to find a few, but they are not in nearly as nice condition. Wish my area had some of that Cape sand, just not its summer traffic😁. Congrats!

OP
OP
Cape Hunter

Cape Hunter

May 17, 2019
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one beautiful LC. I have had the good fortune to find a few, but they are not in nearly as nice condition. Wish my area had some of that Cape sand, just not its summer traffic😁. Congrats!
Thanks, liemac65 Traffic here is beyond bad. Another fatal accident on the Sagamore Bridge yesterday backing up traffic miles in each direction. 18 mile back up is not unusual.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find GREAT condition !!

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, liemac65 Traffic here is beyond bad. Another fatal accident on the Sagamore Bridge yesterday backing up traffic miles in each direction. 18 mile back up is not unusual.
Sad. That is such a narrow bridge for 4 lanes. I fish for Stripers near the Sagamore, but only late afternoon tides during the week due to traffic. I detect a few Cape beaches on the off season too. The Cape really is a special place.

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Recent hunt was interesting for sure. Found at a area I can walk to right from my home. This makes 4 of the same year 1803 US One Cent Draped Busts I have found here on the cape. Found other dates as well but this one is in better than usual condition. I do have one 1803 which is better than this one. It's now at PCGS getting graded. Guess I now have another one to send. Found this sterling silver top to a brush with monogram. Rang a solid 99 on my Equinox 900. Thought for sure it was going to be a silver dollar. Dang, but still nice. Also part of a old barrel tap. This 1832 Nova Scotia one penny token. I find lots of them here for some reason. This one is totally slick on the reverse. Also a nice dandy button, better than most and still has it's shank. Thanks for looking! Bill
Wow that LC held up very well! Congrats

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tremendous finds neighbor- Congrats! I couldn't quite make it out on the reverse, but I once nabbed a 1/100 over 000 variety (not here on the Cape). GL with your PCGS coin (it's a beauty)- I would expect something like XF40 details, Environmental Damage, if they certify it at all- was a member with them many years, lots of frustrating experiences. Hope it comes back with good news!

OP
OP
Cape Hunter

Cape Hunter

May 17, 2019
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tremendous finds neighbor- Congrats! I couldn't quite make it out on the reverse, but I once nabbed a 1/100 over 000 variety (not here on the Cape). GL with your PCGS coin (it's a beauty)- I would expect something like XF40 details, Environmental Damage, if they certify it at all- was a member with them many years, lots of frustrating experiences. Hope it comes back with good news!
Thanks Jeff. Yeah, not expecting great results but they did email me asking it's value? I said I don't know, I found it for nothing! Did Express but seems to be taking much longer. They tell you not to clean them. I left it just tooth brushed. I actually like them with that aqua green patina. I'll let you know how the dust finally settles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread