Michigan Badger
Gold Member
- Joined
- Oct 12, 2005
- Messages
- 6,797
- Reaction score
- 152
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Northern, Michigan
- Detector(s) used
- willow stick
- Primary Interest:
- Other
I bought this from a person in Ohio. It was obviously dug somewhere due to all the caked on dirt inside the bell. It's super heavy for a bell only about 8 inches wide. It has surface "bronze disease" that will clean away easily. I have a lot of experience doing that with shipwreck and dirt dug bronze coins and relics.
I have some questions.
1. Am I imagining this or does this bell have 1810 on it? The guy I got it from said he only saw decorations with nothing identifiable on the bell. I wet the bell for easier viewing of details.
2. In your opinion, is this an old Mission Bell? I know by the natural corrosion this is definitely a very old bell.
I'd appreciate anything else you can tell me about this bell. All links to more informational sites welcomed.
Thanks,
Badger
I have some questions.
1. Am I imagining this or does this bell have 1810 on it? The guy I got it from said he only saw decorations with nothing identifiable on the bell. I wet the bell for easier viewing of details.
2. In your opinion, is this an old Mission Bell? I know by the natural corrosion this is definitely a very old bell.
I'd appreciate anything else you can tell me about this bell. All links to more informational sites welcomed.
Thanks,
Badger
.
Anyway here's mine to add to the pot. 
Here's the smoking gun on these bells for me.Early 1920's made in Mexico.Case solved.
(I WILL SAY AFTER KNOWING WHAT TO LOOK FOR THE PRICES & DATES SEEM TO BE ALL OVER THE PLACE ON WHEN THEY SAY THEY WERE MADE.AND I HAVE YET TO FIND ONE LIKE MINE WITH THE EAGLE)
I wish I had dug it I'd feel more like I'd know or would be more sure of putting a date to it.







