1830 Permission

HillBilly244

May 4, 2013
I was allowed to look around an 1830 house today for one day only and I found 3 IHP's and a Wheat. I found one button and i know its old but can't find much about, any help would greatly be appreciated. I also found a play money coin which was 10 inches deep and at first i thought it was a half dollar but its still a cool find. I can't find anything about the play coin either, any thoughts? 20171214_171346.jpg20171214_170707.jpg20171214_171354.jpg20171214_170702.jpg20171214_171405.jpg

Upvote 17
The back of the button actually says Davis Military School which makes since with DMS on the front. The school was in La Grange, NC and was only open from 1886-1898. My best button so far, pretty cool!

That's a sweet button! Wish I could tell you something about it, but I'm sure someone will know. Nice hunt

Excellent NC relic. Wow and big congrats.

Excellent relic hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:

The back of the button actually says Davis Military School which makes since with DMS on the front. The school was in La Grange, NC and was only open from 1886-1898. My best button so far, pretty cool!

congrats on the finds! My buddy found one like that down here in Brunswick county.

Excellent scores on the Indians, way cool old button, and huge aluminum play money. Did you chuckle when you found the 10 inch deep play money or nearly have a heart attack?!? LOL! Great hunt on a nice sight.:headbang:

congrats on the finds! My buddy found one like that down here in Brunswick county.

Thanks! My family is actually from Supply/Shallotte. I used to live in Calabash 20 yrs ago. I have been wanting to come down and hunt but haven't had the time.

Excellent scores on the Indians, way cool old button, and huge aluminum play money. Did you chuckle when you found the 10 inch deep play money or nearly have a heart attack?!? LOL! Great hunt on a nice sight.:headbang:

I about had a heart attack when i first seen it because of the size and depth beside an 1830 house,lol It's a neat find anyway but i wish it would have been silver,lol

Thanks! My family is actually from Supply/Shallotte. I used to live in Calabash 20 yrs ago. I have been wanting to come down and hunt but haven't had the time.

look me up I know a few sites down that way ...

SCORE!!!!

Silver (looking ) play coin that deep , I'd be thinking Seated Half or Capped Bust Half.
Still a neat find as you stated .

P.S. Love the Button.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back