What's new

1832 Coronet,1900 indian and some flat buttons

DigIron2

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2014
Messages
4,042
Reaction score
2,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found another large cent today,I am sure it is either 1832 or 38,I think 32.It is rough but a little better shape then the last couple I found "which isn't saying much"but still a decent find.Also got a 1900 indian and a handful of flat buttons,couple bullets, few odds and ends.I had a very good hunt,didn't find that outstanding coin or piece I am looking for,but it is stuff like this that keeps me going.HH everyone! 008.webp005.webp002.webp016.webp011.webp013.webp
 
Upvote 28
Looks like you had a good day. Nice! [emoji106]
 
Nice outing. Love all the buttons.
 
Good job, like the finds :occasion14:
 
Bullets, buttons, big penny, and a BVD tag.
Excellent hunt, Congrats
 
Id love to find a Large Cent. Havent found one with a date since last summer. Nice work
 
I copied your last pic.. That piece next to the BVD, some sort of brass escutcheon plate or whatever.... That might be into the 1600s - give or take.

I recently found a keyhole plate and did some research on the hand tooling.

If the hand punched tooling style or tool tip itself, matches these from Colonial Williamsburg? They have some with dates:

Research Reports | The Colonial Williamsburg Official History & Citizenship Site
 

Attachments

  • RR155402.webp
    RR155402.webp
    37.4 KB · Views: 88
  • RR155401.webp
    RR155401.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN0478.webp
    DSCN0478.webp
    135.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 013.webp
    013.webp
    453.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Congratualtions on the cool finds, especially the amount of buttons! :occasion14:
 
Great hunt! Bullets and buttons are a great way to scratch the itch.

HH, Relic Nut
 
Id love to find a Large Cent. Havent found one with a date since last summer. Nice work
Thanks,I just can't seem to catch a break with most of the one;s I find,when I do find one.Every once in awhile i'll catch one that has a little bite left to it.It is a shame hunting hard and then finally walk over one and it is shot
 
I copied your last pic.. That piece next to the BVD, some sort of brass escutcheon plate or whatever.... That might be into the 1600s - give or take.

I recently found a keyhole plate and did some research on the hand tooling.

If the hand punched tooling style or tool tip itself, matches these from Colonial Williamsburg? They have some with dates:

Research Reports | The Colonial Williamsburg Official History & Citizenship Site
I was thinking it was some kind of old lock fly,I had no idea it might have that kind of age to it.Very cool.Thanks man.
 
Looks like a great hunt to me DI2. I like finding any and all of your finds. Nice job!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom