1833 Large Cent

Dude, killer looking coin! I bet that got your juices going! Congratulations! :notworthy:

Oh nice detail on that LC!

Very nice LC. Congrats on your first.

Always good to see Pennsylvania finds like that one!

Congratulations on your first Large Cent, sure more to follow. Nice shape for your first one, hope it don't spoil you, but the 1830's Large Cents held up pretty good over the years in the ground. Based on what I see in your photos, your Large Cent is a Newcomb 2 variety, Rarity 2, Common. http://www.largecents.net/collection/coinpics/1833n2.jpg Don

Great detail on the LC- congrats!! Very sweet find...

-- Jeff --

WOW!!! That LC looks great!! Nice patina! I haven't found one since last year. Congrats!!

Big congrats on your first..
Hope there is plenty were that came from..
And welcome, look forward to more of your posts.
George

Sweet LC!!

That thing is in Awesome shape!! Most my old coppers come out of the ground looking like crap, most anyway. Lol

I know how you felt when you saw the detail on that baby when you pulled it from the hole...Congrats!!

That's a gorgeous LC. It's suiting it should be your first LC. I wouldn't do much to that coin but enjoy;)

Our first of anything should be beautiful. Not fat, older, crusty, and under the high school bleachers. Coins, that it. I'm talking about coins.

But seriously, enjoy that coin. I'm sure you earned it.

Steve

Last edited:
Thanks guys. It was a rush! My buddy had just gone over that spot not 5 minutes before I did. I thought it was a toy tire at first because it was thick with dirt caked on. Then I wiped the dirt off and saw letters around the side and I thought good luck token. Then I saw the words one cent and I about dropped the coin. The yard I was hunting was a 1940's house. Definately not expecting one of those. I swung over it three times and it would go high high mid tone. I'm not cleaning the coin anymore. I ran it under warm water and the dirt fell right off.

Now if I can only find an Indian head.....ha

Lot of great detail:thumbsup: congrats:occasion14:

Everyone loves a LC. That one has a lot of meat to it. I don't know if it's coincidence, but when I found my 1st LC (1831) last month I also pulled 3 wheats, a 1917, 27, & 29. Congrats on a dig that will stay with you for a long while.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back