What's new

1834 Large, A Fatty, Newer silver, and Misc.

Merf

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
3,766
Reaction score
2,276
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro, Quest x10 idmaXx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings friends.
It has been a while so I thought I would post my recent finds.
I found the LC and Liberty quarter today and the rest over the last couple of weeks.
The harvest will start in a week or two and then the fun will begin.
I love that field hunting.
Best luck to all, Merf
 

Attachments

  • Finds 9-27-08 001.webp
    Finds 9-27-08 001.webp
    154.4 KB · Views: 1,171
  • Finds 9-27-08 006.webp
    Finds 9-27-08 006.webp
    161.6 KB · Views: 1,136
  • Finds 9-27-08 002.webp
    Finds 9-27-08 002.webp
    160.7 KB · Views: 1,139
  • Finds 9-27-08 003.webp
    Finds 9-27-08 003.webp
    155.3 KB · Views: 1,138
  • Finds 9-27-08 009.webp
    Finds 9-27-08 009.webp
    124.5 KB · Views: 1,133
  • Finds 9-27-08 015.webp
    Finds 9-27-08 015.webp
    149.6 KB · Views: 1,115
  • Finds 9-27-08 012.webp
    Finds 9-27-08 012.webp
    105.8 KB · Views: 1,091
  • Finds 9-27-08 013.webp
    Finds 9-27-08 013.webp
    106.5 KB · Views: 1,100
  • Finds 9-27-08 014.webp
    Finds 9-27-08 014.webp
    113.1 KB · Views: 1,094
  • Finds 9-27-08 011.webp
    Finds 9-27-08 011.webp
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,074
Upvote 0
Merf,
You got some great coins there...a SLQ with a clear date...wow.

I found a Roosevelt/Fairbanks 1904 watch fob a few weeks ago. I looked it up on e-Bay and one sold recently for $20. So they don't seem to be extremely valuable but I think they are really cool to find.

NJ
 
Well your recent finds and past few weeks finds sure would put a smile on just about everybodys face here on TNet. I like the Taft Watch fob, that will be a great display artifact and nice piece of history.............

Don

ADDED: I took a look at your 1834 and even though no Reverse photo has been posted, the Obverse was good enough in this instance to verify the variety of your find. It is a Newcomb 1 variety, there are 7 varieites of the 1834 Coronet Large Cent.

What I considered to be diagnostic for identifying the variety, it appears to be the only one of the 7 varieties that the 10th star point to the center of the hairbun. The other varities all point to some portion of the upper part of the hair bun.
 
Nice to read your post again. Wondered what happened to you. Wonderful finds. Got my new maps a few weeks ago. Waitin for the crops to be cut too :icon_sunny:
 
WTG Merf,Those are some sweet finds,Congrats on the SLQ it is in great shape !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Don in SJ said:
Well your recent finds and past few weeks finds sure would put a smile on just about everybodys face here on TNet. I like the Taft Watch fob, that will be a great display artifact and nice piece of history.............

Don

ADDED: I took a look at your 1834 and even though no Reverse photo has been posted, the Obverse was good enough in this instance to verify the variety of your find. It is a Newcomb 1 variety, there are 7 varieites of the 1834 Coronet Large Cent.

What I considered to be diagnostic for identifying the variety, it appears to be the only one of the 7 varieties that the 10th star point to the center of the hairbun. The other varities all point to some portion of the upper part of the hair bun.

Don,
I learn so much about coins from you. You Sir are AMAZING! :thumbsup:
-Doug-
 
Fantastic finds. Looks like you've found a great place to hunt.
 
Evolution said:
MERF!!!!!!! Whats up buddy?? Glad to see that you're getting out bud. I see you got a largie in there (as usual) you're my hero buddy. :icon_king:
I had a couple cold ones while watching college football last night and I realize now that I tend to overuse the word "buddy" after tipping a few. I'll try to cut back on that in the future. :D :D :D
 
Im still voting republican :-\ :wink:
 
GREAT finds Merf !! :icon_salut: :notworthy: :icon_salut:

Must say I like the Taft / Sherman fob the most with the 1834 a close 2nd , followed by the 1927 with the fine detail and intact date !!

The SAC pin is cool too ! :thumbsup: Kinda reminded me of that old Jimmy Stewart movie Stratigic Air Command. Gotta see it :thumbsup:

I did 8 years in working on F4-E's :icon_salut:

Congrats on those NICE finds !!

Derek :icon_profileleft: :icon_scratch: :icon_profileright:
 
Thanks Buckles :thumbsup: I am looking forward to your finds---A great time of year.



Thanks Steve :thumbsup:



Thanks Civilman :thumbsup:




Thanks Glen :thumbsup:




Thanks earthworks :thumbsup:



Thanks DMan :thumbsup:



Thanks NJ :thumbsup:




Thanks Don :thumbsup: And thanks for the information on that LC :thumbsup:



Thanks CJH :thumbsup:



Thanks Neil :thumbsup:


Thanks T-Bucket :thumbsup:



Thanks Susan :thumbsup:




Thanks Buzzard king :thumbsup:




EDDE----I am not going to show you where I found it. ;D




Thanks Derek :thumbsup:



Thanks TX :thumbsup:
 
damn, that's nice work there Merf, congratulations...
 
Man thats some great stuff and Thats a beautiful quarter
 
Thanks Cheffer :thumbsup:




Thanks Texan :thumbsup:
 
Nice diggins Merf and some nics pics as well.WTG.
Mike
 
Mike95inNJ said:
Nice diggins Merf and some nics pics as well.WTG.
Mike



Thanks Mike :thumbsup: It is great to be hunting again.
 
John Deere Digger said:
Nice finds Merf. Really love that SLQ.
JDD



Thanks JDD :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom