1839 $10.00 trade note

Ilovetodig

Feb 14, 2005
Now in Guam
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/ Fisher D2
Good morning everyone,

A friend of mine got this from his mother the other day and niether he nor I can find anything out about it. He is wondering about it's value. If anyone can help with this please let me know. Jeff if this needs to be moved then please do so, I didn't know where to post it.

Thanks everyone.

Sorry I forgot some info. It is from the Watumka Trading Post in Watumpka Ala. The date is 1839 with the 39 written in. I can't make out the signature from the picture.

Attachments

• 10 dollar bill.jpg
    10 dollar bill.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 516
P

PrizmIV

This one is going to be very hard to find if at all you can find it. I also have some Alabama notes from specific places like yours, which makes it very rare to find. I have contacted many agencies and places to get info on my notes but keep getting answers directing me to another person. Ive even contacted the head of the Alabama state Treasury and the national Treasury and pretty much have no more leads. Most items like theses there are less than a handful left so even if you find information on it price is going to be very hard to set because there are only a few left....its not so much as how much its worth its how much someone is willing to give for it. Best of wishes Jonathan! ;)

OP
OP
Ilovetodig

Ilovetodig

Feb 14, 2005
Now in Guam
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/ Fisher D2
Boy do I know how hard it is to find! All I can come up with is some history on town and slave trading during 1839 in Alabama. I didn't think it would be that hard to find something like this but then I do like a challenge. Unfortunately I have even ran out of avenues to look at. As far as value you are correct. It's like my comic collection its only valuable if someone is willing to pay the price, other than that they are just childhood memories that I won't part with anyway. :)

My friend was curious as to the value if there was one. Like I told him it depends on the shape it's in and how rare it is. Judging by what you have said it does meet the rare criteria at this stage. Thanks for the information.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find!

HH

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread