Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out last night for a quick hunt at a new spot. Finds were few and far between. Did scape up a couple of nice finds though.
For some reason my machine was not acting right???? Could not get any good signals, even the coins i got didn't seem to come in right.
Wonder if leaving them in the truck is messing them up????
Anyway I was happy with the hunt.
Not sure if this is a state copper or just a regular KG111. Any help would be great.
Thanks for looking.
George

Attachments

• 1439504932412.jpg
    1439504932412.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 1439504956068.jpg
    1439504956068.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 1439504976440.jpg
    1439504976440.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 1439504987859.jpg
    1439504987859.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 121
  • 1439504999478.jpg
    1439504999478.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 128
  • 1439505009153.jpg
    1439505009153.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Upvote 19
Wow... I always look forward to what you dig up next... Those are two great coins. I've found one 1809 half cent and two toasted ones. They seem like a hard coin for me to find in okay condition around here.

Interested in hearing what people say about leaving equipment in vehicles. This time of year I always take my detectors out of my car or truck since they get so hot... I don't know for sure, but feel like that heat might damage something. In the spring and fall I'll leave detectors in there though.

Thanks ODA,
Yes I believe you are right about the heat and electronics.
Its just having to take out and in every day. You just never know when you are going to swing. Lol
George

So I don't need to put in a banner vote for these? You're such a slacker, George!!!

Don't see too many of those. Nice finds!

Great finds!! That Half Cent actually has a lower mintage (by over 100K), than a 1916-D Merc, which is worth a bundle. I love finding really low mintage coins- just to know you have one of so few... Congrats!

-- Jeff --

Still getting a few targets is better than nothing, thinking you've just been a little spoiled of late with the multiple great finds that seem to line up to just get under your coil. :) just wondering which machine were you using on this hunt.

Great finds!! That Half Cent actually has a lower mintage (by over 100K), than a 1916-D Merc, which is worth a bundle. I love finding really low mintage coins- just to know you have one of so few... Congrats!

-- Jeff --

Thank Jeff.
Wish it was in better shape.
Cant have it all! Lol

Still getting a few targets is better than nothing, thinking you've just been a little spoiled of late with the multiple great finds that seem to line up to just get under your coil. :) just wondering which machine were you using on this hunt.

Thanks Pepper, the deus!

Thanks Pepper, the deus!
Thanks Vino, it's always interesting to hear comments on the high end machines and how weather effects the performance, or if it was just the site conditions. Did you or are you going to try the CTX at the same location?

That's a shame that all you got was a half cent and a KG... Don't let it get you down, sometimes I have days like that... hey, wait a minute... I've never had a day like that... Congrats on a really nice hunt. Best of luck to you buddy!

Thanks ODA,
Yes I believe you are right about the heat and electronics.
Its just having to take out and in every day. You just never know when you are going to swing. Lol
George

I hear ya! There's been a time or two I wish I had mine. At least in the spring and fall I'm always prepared. ha

So I pulled out my T2 and V3i manuals. The T2 has specs for "operating temp range" of -4 to 122F and my V3i has nothing on temp. Now that's operating temp and not storage temp. So maybe leaving our detectors in the vehicles doesn't affect them... you would think if it did, they would put a storage temp in the manuals. I just assumed since the dash can get too hot to touch and I figured that couldn't be good for an LCD screen on a detector... I know it will fry a cell phone. I did a poor attempt and googled for 5 min or so and didn't find a definitive answer... just opinions on heat and electronics.

Most of the time the Half Cents that are found are much earlier than this.... well done once again, Vino!

Nice digs George, looks like that new spot has the right stuff. Keith is right. About 75% of the half cents I've dug are Draped Bust.

Nice digs George, looks like that new spot has the right stuff. Keith is right. About 75% of the half cents I've dug are Draped Bust.

I've only dug two and they were both draped busts 1803 & 1804. Go figure. Perhaps the value they carried made them less used later on?

I've only dug two and they were both draped busts 1803 & 1804. Go figure. Perhaps the value they carried made them less used later on?
I have dug over 25 and only about 6 were not draped bust. And three of them were just after the draped bust (1809 and 1810). But they made them until 1857, coincidently the same year that Spanish silver was outlawed in the US. With a one reale = 12.5 cents, they probably needed half cents to make it a nice round number. That is until the stopped using one reales. That's my story and I'm sticking to it :)

You never cease to amaze me with your finds. :notworthy: Would love to go east and detect with a few of you guys.

Great finds!! That Half Cent actually has a lower mintage (by over 100K), than a 1916-D Merc, which is worth a bundle. I love finding really low mintage coins- just to know you have one of so few...

Thanks Vino, it's always interesting to hear comments on the high end machines and how weather effects the performance, or if it was just the site conditions. Did you or are you going to try the CTX at the same
Have not tried it yet, but I will

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back