What's new

I had 2 silvers for today, but one is really toasted.

Johncoho

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2014
Messages
2,862
Reaction score
7,292
Golden Thread
0
Location
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I tried a new location and it was somewhat productive. My friend buys old homes to remodel and flip them, and he lets me know when he gets one, so I can " clean all the metal from the yard". This is what I found today. 11 newer pennies, 3 clad dimes, 4 wheats 1956,1944, 1941, 1911, 1935 Merc dime, and one small toasted coin. It appears to have been in a fire and also seems to be silver. I can tell it was a coin as part of the edge that is left is reeded. More than likely a dime in its previous life. In the picture of the artifacts found, I thought the spoon might be silver, but it turned out to be silver plated. I could use some help in identifying the object in the lower right corner. It looks like 2 buttons connected with a link. Any thoughts about it? IMG_2971.webpIMG_2969.webpIMG_2970.webpIMG_2972.webpIMG_2973.webp
 
Upvote 22
That is a cuff link.

Nice finds! Congrats on your silvers and wheats!
 
Nice silver and wheats. Msbeepx2 is correct cuff link, nice find.
 
good stuff right there!!!
 
cool finds!, that's a nice way to get a permission, I have a buddy that wants to start flipping, guess who will be clearing the metal out of the yards, yep me!
 
If you practice wisdom and choose carefully flipping property can be quite lucrative.... Getting built-in permission? Awesome! I love that assortment of finds, how are you running the XLT? I'm running my third one now sometimes, it can be a bit finicky but still a producer!
 
Works for me!
cool finds!, that's a nice way to get a permission, I have a buddy that wants to start flipping, guess who will be clearing the metal out of the yards, yep me!
 
I use the built in program for coins and jewelry frequently. I've been using this xlt since I retired in 2001 with good success.
If you practice wisdom and choose carefully flipping property can be quite lucrative.... Getting built-in permission? Awesome! I love that assortment of finds, how are you running the XLT? I'm running my third one now sometimes, it can be a bit finicky but still a producer!
 
Bummer........I know the feeling!!!!!
 
A friend who sets you up with old yard after old yard--- Now THAT'S a friend!! Here's hoping you BOTH make a killing! Congrats!!

-- Jeff --
 
Sweet collection! :thumbsup:
 
Nice results from the yard hunt, the one is still worth melt but I would keep it as it's an interesting find melted like it is. The cuff links are a nice recovery also, best of luck on the next yard that you do.
 
I did test it and it is silver and based on the size with the reeded edge it was probably a dime.
Nice results from the yard hunt, the one is still worth melt but I would keep it as it's an interesting find melted like it is. The cuff links are a nice recovery also, best of luck on the next yard that you do.
 
Congrats on the nice hunt. :thumbsup: Sure wish I had a friend like yours.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom