What's new

1852 Bank of upper Canada Penny token

Chris Canada

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
62
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Niagara
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Tessoro Vaqureo, NoktaMakro Simplex+, garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found this May 12th.
These things are huge.
Found it with my new Fisher F75.
about 6" down and under a root.
This park keeps turning up oldies.
 

Attachments

  • 1852penny chippawa smaller.webp
    1852penny chippawa smaller.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 1,905
  • 1852penny chippawa smaller.webp
    1852penny chippawa smaller.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 1,818
Upvote 0
XLTChis said:
Found this May 12th.
These things are huge.
Found it with my new Fisher F75.
about 6" down and under a root.
This park keeps turning up oldies.
That's a pretty cool looking coin. I've never seen one of those before. DD
 
Thanks.They are bigger than your dollar coins.
I have found 2 in this park as well as a few half penny token as well.
 
thats awesome congrats
 
Diggin coppers that size, I'd say the parks never been touched. I'm guessing your gonna dig a lot more goodies from there :wink:
 
The one in my avatar is a Bank Of Montreal 1/2 cent. It is the size of the US large cent. I like yours. It's a great series if you can get the coins! Must have been one nice tone when you passed over it.
 
Thanks for the compliments guys!
This park is obviously quite old,I beleive at on point there was a log cabin on the property somewhere.
I have come across an area that has glass,iron,pieces of clay pipe as well.
Quite possibly the dump :(
This last coin came from about 5' away.
How the hell do you dig a dump in the park.LOL
I have also found 2 bank of montreal 1/2 cents as well,I think they are 1852 and 1853 and an 1854 BIGGIE like i just found.
no OLD silver though and that kinda bugs me.
I should grab some pics of what the park has given up and show you guys.
I hope the F75 can hit the old silver.It's gotta be there.
 
Congrats...I like these Canadian bank tokens...like our hard times tokens.

I found a Nova Scotia half penny last month in a park in NJ. Tried hitting that park today but five minutes into the hunt and the skies opened up.

Good luck on future digs.

NJ
 
I found the half penny of the same token on my last hunt down here in Va!! :headbang:
 

Attachments

  • P1060740.webp
    P1060740.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 664
  • P1060740.webp
    P1060740.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 490
Congrats on the 1852 Bank of upper Canada Penny token !! :thumbsup:
 
XLTChis said:
How the hell do you dig a dump in the park.LOL

Find out who the parks administrator is, explain the potential, and ask nicely :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom