What's new

1853 U.S half dime...from Canada

Hot diggity

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2014
Messages
447
Reaction score
333
Golden Thread
0
Found this late last night after what looked like my worst hunt ever from this fur trade site. What a sight for sore, blurry eyes! Thanks America! What pretty nickels you had. Found "a boot" an hour north of Toronto.
 

Attachments

  • 1436014045264.webp
    1436014045264.webp
    56 KB · Views: 291
  • 1436014059630.webp
    1436014059630.webp
    58.7 KB · Views: 260
  • 1436014087720.webp
    1436014087720.webp
    57.6 KB · Views: 293
  • 1436014102159.webp
    1436014102159.webp
    71.1 KB · Views: 269
Upvote 34
Heck yeah that's great!, I would love to find a half dime
yours is awesome!
 
You don't see those come out of ground often here in the US especially in the Great shape that one is in.. Great dig
 
Congrats on the half-dime. I know a lot of guys here in the states that would like to find one.
 
It seems you are at a nice mid 19th Century site, those ceramics and coins are a pretty good sign. I don't think I will ever find a half dime, let alone one as nice as yours, and I am in the US.
 
Nice digs. That's one good looking half dime.
 
Thanks, that all sounds good to me! Maybe he/she were vacationing or looking around well after the war, regardless I'm glad they had a hole in their pocket! HH.
 
Last edited:
Man that thing looks great. You all up there have been killing it lately!!!! Way to go!!!!
 
Awesome find and amazing shape. Congrats!
 
That's a beauty! I found one a few weeks ago....same year
 
That is a beautiful coin. Congrats on the find.
 
That's a super find! I love finding old US silver up here!
 
That sure is a pretty piece of silver
 
HOT DIGGITY AND NOW HAVE TO FIND THE DOG .FOR I WAS TO INVOLVED STARRING AT MY SILVER FIND THE HALF DIME.
 
Oooooo man! That's a beauty from the Great White North. Congrats! I want one....


Steve
 
Hope u found ur dog sutphin :}' I was just curious if anyone knows if the 13 stars represent the # of states at the time. That would be interesting to me.
 
Last edited:
Hope u found ur dog sutphin :}' I was just curious if anyone knows if the 13 stars represent the # of states at the time. That would be interesting to me.

Awsome find HD..
In 1853 there were 31 states in the US!!
The 13 stars represent the number of states when the country started.
Them suckers are hard to find.
Congrats.
George
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom