What's new

1858 Flying Eagle Cent & Civil War Eagle Cuff Button from Camp!

mangum

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2012
Messages
2,323
Reaction score
3,533
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out yesterday to an organized hunt I planned & it ended up being a bust. A few thing were found but not what was expected, you never know til you look. We wrapped that up about 1:30 & then my buddy Chris & I went scouting for new places. It was nice to ride around the country & explore some places we have never been. We have quite a few sites lined up to research now. At the end of the day we decided to go to a camp that was "hunted out" in hopes of maybe finding a bullet (there maybe 1.5 hours). These pieces are pretty special considering where they were found (can't share more). My first signal was the Civil War eagle cuff button. My best find was the 1858 flying eagle penny (only made 3 years). It's a tough coin to find, this make #3 for me. It was a beautiful day to get out with some good friends & save a little history! Off work tomorrow & going to do it again! fe.webpcuff_front.webpcuffback.webp
 
Upvote 28
Great stuff. Flying eagle is my bucket lister! Good job. Hope to be as lucky
 
Nice saves, Congrats!! That flying eagle is still on my wish list. Next one you find stick it back in the hole and I'll make a road trip. LOL
 
Sorry to hear that the hunt was not as expected. However, glad to see that you got an FE and an eagle button. Well done Josh!
 
2 awesome finds in my book :occasion14:
 
Nice going Josh! Those FE's don't turn up too often, and the eagle cuff is a nice added bonus.
 
Sweet eagles! I think I only have 3 eagle cuffs ever. Congrats!
 
That Flying Eagle is a tough coin. Looks like a great outing.
 
Some great saves there!
 
Congratz! I'm so jealous of everyone that finds a Flying Eagle!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom