What's new

1859 Seated Quarter (Its A Beauty!)

hogge

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
3,825
Reaction score
1,528
Golden Thread
5
Location
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1859 Seated Quarter (It's A Beauty!)

Went out this a.m. with my brother in-law to a few new spots. He found 2 bells, a crotal bell, and a nice old stirrup. On our way home we passed this foundation on the side of the road and decided to give a look see. About a half our into it I came up with this. Got to be EF grade at least. Couple of small scratches but overall awsome condition. The back has that rainbow effect you see in uncirculated coins but you can't see it in the scan. That's why the pic of the reverse is darker than the obverse. This is in better condition than the 1892 Barber quarter I found the other day. I have a Seated dime (1841-o) but this is my first Seated Quarter. HH Todd
 

Attachments

  • my10-001.webp
    my10-001.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 974
  • my10-002.webp
    my10-002.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 977
Upvote 0
Re: 1859 Seated Quarter

Holy :o smokes :o that is an absolute beautiful coin! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Steve
 
Re: 1859 Seated Quarter

Boy your not kidding, thats one mighty fine looking seated coin... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WTG HH

booty
 
Re: 1859 Seated Quarter

Colonial KirkPA said:
The BEST Seated quarter I have seen dug! :thumbsup:

Kirk

I second that. A Beautiful coin and a Fantastic find!



-Buck
 
Re: 1859 Seated Quarter (It's A Beauty!)

awesome find congrats
 
Re: 1859 Seated Quarter

plehbah said:
That coin is a greater treasure than the old ultraviolence.

clockwork orange sub refernce in a seated liberty post...that's just twisted.

cool coin bro!
 
Re: 1859 Seated Quarter

diamondjim said:
clockwork orange sub refernce in a seated liberty post...that's just twisted
BRILLIANT.
 
Re: 1859 Seated Quarter

Colonial KirkPA said:
The BEST Seated quarter I have seen dug! :thumbsup:

Kirk

I don't know, I thought mine looked pretty good, also my first Seated Quarter found(a few years ago)!!
 

Attachments

  • silver05j.jpg 014.webp
    silver05j.jpg 014.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 730
  • silver05j.jpg 015.webp
    silver05j.jpg 015.webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 727
  • silver05j.jpg 014.webp
    silver05j.jpg 014.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 730
  • silver05j.jpg 015.webp
    silver05j.jpg 015.webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 723
Re: 1859 Seated Quarter (It's A Beauty!)

Congrats on a super quarter, and your first Seated Quarter!! Hope to see you post many more!!
 
Re: 1859 Seated Quarter

BuckleBoy said:
diamondjim said:
clockwork orange sub refernce in a seated liberty post...that's just twisted
BRILLIANT.

Hogge, don't wanna hijack yer thread just want to say to plehbah...you not the only PSYCO on this site (say hi to EDDE for me as you're sprialing into maddness, I'll be waiting at the bottom of the pit for you, EDDE, nick and buckleboy... ;D) Luv ya babe.

the '59 is killer, slab that puppy and resist urges to "clean" it.
 
Re: 1859 Seated Quarter (It's A Beauty!)

Nice seated quarter :thumbsup: I haven't found any older than 1936, and that kicks my quarters a$$! HH M.
 
Re: 1859 Seated Quarter (It's A Beauty!)

That is one nice coin, simply amazing!
 
Re: 1859 Seated Quarter (It's A Beauty!)

Hey Jack(IN), That 1877 IS much better! You should have that one slabbed. That thing could be MS grade. It's all of AU. Thanks to ALL.......Todd
 
Re: 1859 Seated Quarter (It's A Beauty!)

Very nice, indeed!
 
Re: 1859 Seated Quarter (It's A Beauty!)

Cool :thumbsup:
 
Re: 1859 Seated Quarter (It's A Beauty!)

Very nice quarter!
 
Re: 1859 Seated Quarter (It's A Beauty!)

That is a beauty
 
Re: 1859 Seated Quarter (It's A Beauty!)

You got that right !!! BEAUTIFUL !!!

Congrats on a SWEET seated Hogge :icon_thumleft: :thumbsup: :icon_thumright:

Derek :icon_sunny:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom