What's new

1862 metal tag?

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Any ideas what this is? It has a number and date. Seems to have more number on top of the 910 number. I found a ton of war of 1812 artifacts with this. Dog tag? Tool tag? Slave tag? :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • 038.webp
    038.webp
    38.9 KB · Views: 272
  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    53.1 KB · Views: 273
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    42.1 KB · Views: 258
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 270
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    18 KB · Views: 270
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 273
Looks like it could be a baggage claim check. If you can clean it a bit, more information might be visible. I doubt that though. Good luck with your finds.
 
Upvote 0
The first soldier's dog tags in the USA were round like that, but I don't remember if they had a date on them? But the numbers may just be sequential since they are only one number apart? Very interesting. Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom