Dirt fishing Wolf
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Dec 29, 2009
- Messages
- 2,217
- Reaction score
- 528
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- G P, Illinois
- Detector(s) used
- DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
This afternoon Marinedad and I hunted the school site I've been working.
Started out slow at first cleaning up iron, al. cans. Then I hit a sweet spot
pulling out a V-nik to start it off then 3 I.H.s then a coin that was larger
than the I.H.s and smaller than the V. Showed it to Mark and all we could
see was the 1865 or 63 date, my thoughts were civil war coin. Both of us
found some good goodies from the 3 hour hunt. I pouched a 1883 with cents
V Nickel, 1860 81 88 and 95 I.H.s, George B Ames dealer in drugs, books & C
belvidere,ill. coin. 1934 A century of progress Chicago ring. HH DFW

Started out slow at first cleaning up iron, al. cans. Then I hit a sweet spot
pulling out a V-nik to start it off then 3 I.H.s then a coin that was larger
than the I.H.s and smaller than the V. Showed it to Mark and all we could
see was the 1865 or 63 date, my thoughts were civil war coin. Both of us
found some good goodies from the 3 hour hunt. I pouched a 1883 with cents
V Nickel, 1860 81 88 and 95 I.H.s, George B Ames dealer in drugs, books & C
belvidere,ill. coin. 1934 A century of progress Chicago ring. HH DFW












