What's new

1864 IH L???

Jaichim24

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2010
Messages
317
Reaction score
603
Golden Thread
0
Location
CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can someone with a better eye, or more attuned to the nuances of these micro differences lend me your expertise and tell me if you think this is the L version of the 1864 IH penny? I swear I can see some sort of remnant of the L, but it could just be part of the design. I also see a different in the neck versus the 1882 in the picture, but I'm not sure if that is because it is more worn. I'll post some other pictures I found thanks to google image search that may be of assistance. My coin will be in the first 2 pictures, the last picture is not my coin, just someone else making a comparison.

Thanks in advance,

Jai
 

Attachments

  • 100_1608.webp
    100_1608.webp
    94 KB · Views: 216
  • 100_1609.webp
    100_1609.webp
    88.7 KB · Views: 221
  • 100_1608.webp
    100_1608.webp
    94 KB · Views: 219
  • 100_1609.webp
    100_1609.webp
    88.7 KB · Views: 217
  • 1864L_cent_obv_1.webp
    1864L_cent_obv_1.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 197
  • 1864-indian-head-cent-Lcloseup.webp
    1864-indian-head-cent-Lcloseup.webp
    45.5 KB · Views: 221
  • 1864L_cent_closeup.webp
    1864L_cent_closeup.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 215
  • 1864L_cent_obv.webp
    1864L_cent_obv.webp
    41.8 KB · Views: 217

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom