1867s Seated Liberty Dime

RONC(OR)

Aug 28, 2006
Eugene ,OR
Detector(s) used
Etrac/ X-8-X-1/ /Excalibur 2/AuqaHog ~yayer
Hi All
After Neil called me about his Seated half and told me were he had found it and that I should give it a try and see if I could find anything there. I didn't find anything there it was pretty clean. So I headed North about a block I have found a couple of Mercs therebefore I got a hit that sounded like a shallow Quarter when I dug my plug there was a good size root right in the middle of my hole so I dug one side nothing dug the other side and out pop a 1867s seated dime it floored me Maybe it was dug up when they planted the tree No old nickles and I did find 1 wheat thx for looking HH

Attachments

• DSCN0197.JPG
    DSCN0197.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 838
Upvote 0

MikeOregon

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
White's V3
Ron,

Major congratulations and kudos!!! You and Neil have quite the finds and I have a feeling there will be more.

Great job!

Hope to see you soon.

Mike

mcmurphi

Feb 5, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX • Fisher CZ-21
Congrats on that find! You guys in Eugene finding the seated coins......AWESOME! It might be because the Ducks have been SITTING DOWN for quite awhile this year in basketball......Do you think! Probably just good research, way to go.

OP
OP
RONC(OR)

RONC(OR)

Aug 28, 2006
Eugene ,OR
Detector(s) used
Etrac/ X-8-X-1/ /Excalibur 2/AuqaHog ~yayer
mcmurphi said:
Congrats on that find! You guys in Eugene finding the seated coins......AWESOME! It might be because the Ducks have been SITTING DOWN for quite awhile this year in basketball......Do you think! Probably just good research, way to go.
Me and Neil found them in Beaver country lots of old building there in Corvallis Thx for the reply HH

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
I took this pic for Ron ~ major close-up of the date area!

Attachments

• Rons1867dimeDATE.jpg
    Rons1867dimeDATE.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 195

MikeOregon

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
White's V3
Wow, 1867--

Nebraska becomes the 37th state
No transcontinental railroad until 1869
No votes for women