What's new

1869 somethin?

lostlake88

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2007
Messages
642
Reaction score
62
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Queen City
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Looks like a token not sure. Anyone seen anything like this one because I sure have not.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3084_1.webp
    IMG_3084_1.webp
    205.5 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_3086.webp
    IMG_3086.webp
    219.3 KB · Views: 427
  • IMG_3084_1.webp
    IMG_3084_1.webp
    205.5 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_3086.webp
    IMG_3086.webp
    219.3 KB · Views: 421
i too would say a merchant token of sorts
 
Upvote 0
I can read OKSTEDER can anything else be read? Also I can find references to "Flying Eagle" Merchant Tokens, but they all show the eagle facing the other way.

Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
 
Upvote 0
It's a Civil War token from John Sacksteder Sewing Machine Mfg. Company. I can see the J-O at the bottom of the token and the K-S-T-E-D-E-R at the top. Very nice find, Breezie
 

Attachments

  • John SackstederToken.webp
    John SackstederToken.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 353
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
It's a Civil War token from John Sacksteder Sewing Machine Mfg. Company. I can see the J-O at the bottom of the token and the K-S-T-E-D-E-R at the top. Very nice find, Breezie

Wow! You nailed it! The people here amaze me everytime.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the kudos. I'm wondering if it will clean-up or even if you should try to do so. You might want to contact 'Buckles' to get his opinion on whether to clean or not and how. He has an excellent post on cleaning. Again, nice find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
:headbang:

Nice ID Breezie :icon_thumleft:...but once a coin or token go purple like that there's nothing left to clean :-\ seal yes, but past any cleaning :'(

SS
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
:headbang:

Nice ID Breezie :icon_thumleft:...but once a coin or token go purple like that there's nothing left to clean :-\ seal yes, but past any cleaning :'(

SS

SS, that's what I thought, but I was not sure, which is why I didn't want to suggest cleaning. Thanks for the info; I'll put that in my memory bank . . .or what's left of it; lol :laughing7: Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Great I.D. Breez!!! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
lostlake88 said:
Breezie said:
It's a Civil War token from John Sacksteder Sewing Machine Mfg. Company. I can see the J-O at the bottom of the token and the K-S-T-E-D-E-R at the top. Very nice find, Breezie

Wow! You nailed it! The people here amaze me everytime.
green check ;D
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom