187 B&W VIETNAM WAR PHOTOS - from the free table , at the dump .

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love saving old pictures. Those should never see a trash can. Good for you for saving some very important history.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We found some Vietnam photos way back in the 70's. We should have left them at the dump. Gruesome beyond belief.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a few from my father in law. I think they are from the Korean War. Some grusome photos, but can not toss them out.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank the money hungry politicians for esculating a war for no reason except to put money in their pockets.

DenDigger

Greenie
Dec 29, 2018
NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad to see someone's service memories in trash, I'm sure it happens every day though. Thank you for saving this history and sharing with us.

Steve

My sentiments, exactly. I have a photo of my grandfather in the 80s wearing his old WWII Navy uniform. When I asked recently what ever happened to that uniform, I was told he threw it away after taking the picture. Probably thought no one would care about it, but I would give a weeks pay to have it in the family.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I was attached to the 452nd Tac Hospital unit at March AFB between '63 and '69. I was an Operating Room technician. I never had the desire to take pics of my work area but I did take pics on two frequent occasions: (1) Those taken of C-119's coming from NAS Alameda while landing and unloading the wounded; and (2) pics taken of B-52s practicing takeoffs,'go arounds', 'touch and gos' and landings. Today I could find similar pics on the internet faster than I could find mine--if I even still have them.
Don...

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What an incredible find. I'm a brit and we weren't involved but I grew up in those days and always watched the news and TV programmes on the war(and still do) Total respect to all you guys who served your country.

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
A good save.

I just barely missed being drafted for this war. A lot of my neighbors in the country side went.

My best friend for 30 years of hunting went. I didnt meet him until the early 1980's. He was my best friend and I miss him. Think about him alot.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
There's just about nothing left from my years. Two tours, Vietnam AND Cambodia - though there's not anything left from that. I do remember the scorpions though - them danged things had white meat like a lobster!

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's just about nothing left from my years. Two tours, Vietnam AND Cambodia - though there's not anything left from that. I do remember the scorpions though - them danged things had white meat like a lobster!

wow, I would love to sit down with a few beers with guys like you and listen to some of your experiences first hand. Respect.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eyes welled up on this one -

Some people have no sentimental bones in their body , Or maybe theses were images somebody wanted to forget ???

As for me i'd-a kept them also.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
And FIL who flew an Otter says it isn't one.

Sure looks like one.

F4F62E70-60F4-47F1-A7FF-7EDA37883E5E.jpeg

2503E477-43F9-4B53-B724-EDDBA9082D48.jpeg

Although the Otter found ready acceptance in bush airlines, as in a similar scenario to the DHC-2 Beaver, the United States Army soon became the largest operator of the aircraft (184 delivered as the U-1A Otter). Other military users included Australia, Canada, and India, but the primary role of the aircraft as a rugged bush plane continues to this day.

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
It is an Otter. He thought more about it (brains going due to agent O cancer) he says it's an Otter. He was thinking beaver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread