1870 10 Centimos from Spain

The Dig Dig

Aug 25, 2013
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites E-Series (as my back up) Whites Surf Pro P.I. (for water) and a Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 10 year old daughter came beepen with me this morning. Her headphone adaptor broke on her machine in the first 15 minutes so we decided to stay and hunt together. I was swinging my Whites XLT, I'd pinpoint a spot then she'd dig it & find the target with her Grrett pro pointer. She dug this out & quickly cupped her hands so I couldn't see, then she started jumping up & down while telling me "Daddy I don't know if you can handle this but I think we found a Seated Liberty." She showed me, we high fived then hugged, wasn't until we were in our truck leaving & looking at it that we realized it wasn't a Seated. After a few hours of research we discovered that's its a 1870 10 Centimos from Spain, made of bronze... It's the oldest coin I've/we've found in Fl so even though its not silver the fact it's a 144 years old & that I found it together with my daughter makes it one of our best finds & memories.

image-1017550518.jpg

image-2212014929.jpg

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

TampaTroy

Feb 3, 2014
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATpro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a really cool find. I need to find something like that with my 7 year old. Then maybe he would be more interested in tagging along and I would be able to get out to do more hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread