What's new

1870 gold dollar!!!

creade

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2013
Messages
1,208
Reaction score
1,699
Golden Thread
0
Location
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was given permission to search this site that has a house built in 1865. It's a estate sale so the owner let me dig everything. Right by the bulkhead I get this pull tab sound ,same numbers. If this was a park,I might not dig it but I always do at house sites. Wrapped in the remains of clear plastic was this gold coin.1870. I thought it was fake at first.Who would make a coin this small?? But I looked it up,IT DOES EXIST! I love this machine!!Thanks for looking
 

Attachments

  • 1461546192384.webp
    1461546192384.webp
    12.9 KB · Views: 307
  • 1461546206874.webp
    1461546206874.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 322
  • 1461546227343.webp
    1461546227343.webp
    9.8 KB · Views: 289
  • 1461546248342.webp
    1461546248342.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 314
Upvote 96
Awesome score. She sure is tiny. I bet you're still stoked. Now you can check that one off the bucket list. :thumbsup:
Can you imagine having something that small,I can barely feel it in my hand.A 22 shell has twice the weight::)
 
Sweet gold coin! Congrats!
That is the tiniest one I have seen.
 
they minted octagonal coins?
 
Wow! That's a great find! I literally just saw my first one of that exact coin in person yesterday and couldn't believe how small it was. Congrats on a great save!

I think if this was more than 8 inches down ,on its side,it would be almost impossible to find. If you think about it,not many coins this size,like a trime,seem to be found. I think it's 99.9 % luck I have it!
 
Congratz! That is a once in a lifetime awesome find! Enjoy the feeling!
 
What a beauty! Thanks for sharing!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom