What's new

1871 Prince Edward Island one cent

Brian W

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2007
Messages
685
Reaction score
437
Golden Thread
0
I was out digging in an old field...Close too one of my cellar holes...I dug this coin that I thought was a token...When i got it home and cleaned it up i knew it was Canadian, i had to look it up online..1871 Prince Edward Island one cent...Its the only year they made them...Its not worh much, But i like it..Looks to have a die break in date...but it cleaned up very nice :icon_thumleft:
 

Attachments

  • 1871 pei.webp
    1871 pei.webp
    29 KB · Views: 855
  • 1871pei rev.webp
    1871pei rev.webp
    28.7 KB · Views: 867
Upvote 10
I love those and the Nova Scotia looking coins...very unique and sweet find Brian!
 
IP might have a few :wink:

Looks in good order :icon_thumright:
 
Very nice find.
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:
KW
 
That one , as far as I know, is much more rare than the Nova Scotia and Montreal Tokens.
It's in very nice shape too.
 
that's a lovely penny- one you could take home to meet the folks.
 
Very excited!!!...In my first week of official MD'ing I have found a Prince Edward Island Penny. Cleaning it in Peroxide now...will post pictures later.
 
jrobert,
Congrats on your find and--- Welcome to Treasurenet !!
Keep digging in that area, you may find a PEI shilling or 5 shilling coin next.
Don.....
 
Wow . This is an old thread lol....congrats jrobert ..I will keep an eye out for yours when you post it.
 
Not as many as IP but got over a dozen now…Nice shape..congrats
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom