What's new

1872 IH, (semi Key Date) and a young head KG11

Vino

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
3,804
Reaction score
5,046
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a few hours today so I could get back home and watch my EAGLE lose..lol I should have stayed out!!!
Anyway, only dug a few targets, First was the KG11, funny the house was built in 1834. Then I dug the broken buckle. Then the last target was the IH.
Let me tell you, not to brag or anything, but I have dug hundreds of IHs just this year and never found any key dates that I know of???
For now on im going to cl w an them and check the dates for now on!!
Thanks for looking.
George
 

Attachments

  • 1447625150446.webp
    1447625150446.webp
    47.9 KB · Views: 181
  • 1447625159737.webp
    1447625159737.webp
    49.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 1447625177538.webp
    1447625177538.webp
    44.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 1447625188907.webp
    1447625188907.webp
    38.6 KB · Views: 144
  • 1447625202776.webp
    1447625202776.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 1447625219027.webp
    1447625219027.webp
    45.7 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 32
That Indian is a beaut. Don't know much about the KG's, but definitely a cool coin. I learn a ton just reading your posts.
 
I'm pretty sure the colonists just threw kgs all around the philly area back then, how many times have finds been made in areas down there that made u think "what the heck, what's this doing here?"
 
Beautiful coins!
 
Nice coins there George. As far as the house, you just never know how far occupation went back. Many times the original house would burn and they would rebuild on top of the exact same foundation. And unless someone made a record of that there's no way to know except by digging stuff that way predates the existing house. In one of my old articles I talk about a home that was built in 1914, but was constructed on top of the original foundation from a 1635 house. And sure enough colonial finds were all over the place. That's just another reason why this hobby is so exciting. Whoops, I just remembered that the stone houses up your way would not be wiped out in a fire. So much for my theory, at least for applying it up in your neck of the woods.
 
Yet another amazing hunt- that is one fine Indian- you don't see a lot of 1872's in that kind of shape- Congrats!!

-- Jeff --
 
Nice job George. I am sure that one doesn't mean as much to you, but my young head KGII is still my oldest coin. I had read the general area I found it in was the site of the first settlement by Englishmen in the area and went out and got the young head and then the old head to make the pair lol.
 
Good snags George, love that IH cent!
 
FINE INJUN FIND THERE VINO .....
 
Sweet digs George. That IHP is crisp.
 
For being a semi key. I sure see a lot of 1872's get found and posted. I can think of at least 3 or 4 in the last year. Including the one I found. Nice hunt once again Vino. I bet if you checked all the IH laying on the floor in your vehicle you probably have 5 or 6 1877's lol
 
That really is a nice Indian head. So much detail. Def a fine coin to add to the collection
 
Man, you never have a bad hunt do you. That's ok...i'm just a little jealous..lol. You just keep 'em coming and it will all be allright:thumbsup:
 
They are probably still bouncing around the back of your truck.
Give them to me, I'll check all the dates, then give them back to you sorted. Ha, I love checking dates.
Nice finds George
 
I love digging Indians. Nice hunt.
 
Killer IHC Vino. Congrats on the key date coin!
 
Great hunt George and nice job getting that semi-keydate IH and the KG. :thumbsup:

Tax records from the house I grew up in say it was built in 1935. However, it was built on the stone walled dirt floor cellar of a mineral springs resort dating to the early 1800's. Many LCs were in that yard. Perhaps something similar happened to that house... or maybe an 80 year old KGII was lost around the time the house was built. Its still possible to find 80 year old wheat cents in change from time to time!
 
Nice finds, I love that KG II, always great to see them.

Know how you feel about the football game, I raced home to watch the Giants lose a heartbreaker to the Pats, but I know you as an Eagle fan don't have any sympathy for us Giants fans...... Nor should you!
LOL. [emoji6]. Congrats and HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom