What's new

1874 Seated Dime!

TxTim

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
2,735
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
As I sat watching football and leisurely picking my way through a bag of dimes I almost fell out of my chair when I saw this baby! She's thin and worn but boy, is she pretty! Too bad it's not a CC.
 

Attachments

  • 1874 dime.webp
    1874 dime.webp
    33.7 KB · Views: 495
Upvote 0
I've got one that looks about like that. Didn't find it though. >:( I bought it out of my dealers "bargain" bin of mercs. I told him it was in there. And that he might want to relocate it. His reply was Naw if its in there and you want it for that price (which I think at the time was 1.00 or 1.05) you can have it.

And yes its a thin dime to. About like those $1.00 gold pieces you can't even tell it is in your hand.
 
Nicely done Tim !

Found any 07-s dimes yet ? 8)
 
thurmownator said:
Nicely done Tim !

Found any 07-s dimes yet ? 8)

LOL!!
I don't look at too many dimes - this is my second bag - it was offered to me, so I bought it.
The way I look through dimes, I'll never find a proof! :D
 
Wow, I guess there are quite a few surprises in this type of hunting. Great find, no matter how worn....
 
Thats an uncommon find for bank hunting. Good on ya!
 
TXTim said:
thurmownator said:
Nicely done Tim !

Found any 07-s dimes yet ? 8)

LOL!!
I don't look at too many dimes - this is my second bag - it was offered to me, so I bought it.
The way I look through dimes, I'll never find a proof! :D

They made silver proof dimes too..
 
Daamn! Nice job Tim! I guess that is a nice little early Christmas present to yourself.. HH. Gpurs...
 
Whoa.........excellent find Tim. Thin & worn maybe, but still a beaut!!! Congrats. Great find!!!!
 
Unreal to think that was still in circulation. Congrads on the great find!
Pepperpump ;D :o :D
 
seated coin

WoW Tim,

that would make me fly out of my seat too!!!!

great find and gotta love those old coins.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom