What's new

1877 Carson City seated live dig, 8-point antler find & buckle and a whats it?

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
1877 Carson City seated live dig, 8-point antler find & buckle and a what's it?

I got out to the area I visited yesterday. It's such a distance I only got 1-1/2 hours on the ground. But I dug a few keepers and a bucket lister. A Carson City mintmark has always eluded me. Granted living in New Jersey doesn't help my cause but I've dug over 400 silver coins and none have been CC's.

Anyway also scored a beautiful antler just sitting there on the ground. That was a first. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457631628.009183.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457631641.484129.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457631652.288998.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457631722.038639.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457631736.946995.webp
Also does anyone know what this is?ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457631687.988813.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457631703.579709.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457631663.242209.webp

And a rarity, the live dig seated. If you don't like curses I suggest you don't watch it.




ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457631972.877258.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457631981.329659.webp
Enjoy

Steve
 
Upvote 76
Steve,

Good score on the seated.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Your what's it is a wagon brake.
 
Your what's it is a wagon brake.

Wow, cool man. Thanks for the ID. I would have never guessed that in a million years!
 
Hulk Smash ground.

Gotta be a bit more careful about rubbing the coin too. It puts permanent scratches in it when it's dirty. Hulk Rub Coin!
 
1877 Carson City seated live dig, 8-point antler find & buckle and a what's it?

Hulk Smash ground.

Gotta be a bit more careful about rubbing the coin too. It puts permanent scratches in it when it's dirty. Hulk Rub Coin!

Lol. That was some ground smashing right? Just roots and forest bed all the way down. Don't worry yourself too much, I was careful and dug a wide berth and didn't rub hard.
 
Great finds man, didnt read anything you wrote so I think you found antlers minted in Carson City, awesome find!!!
 
Great find Scrappy,,
Are you feeling like spending that seated at the grocery store??
Got an address?? lol
Congrats on the yes yes mint mark
 
Awesome! Beautiful coin and a CC? Great stuff, man. I am hoping this is the year I find my first seated. Congrats!
 
Wow, great find! I live closer to CC than you and have only found a handful of them! (none worth the big $$)
 
According to the mintages that year we are more likely to dig a 'CC' than an 'S' but since I have never dug a 'CC' either all I can do is admire yours!
 
And you said my sweatpants were dirty! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa, your an animal, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that shovel lol
You make me so jelly, but I'm really happy for you! Congrats buddy!
 
Lol. That was some ground smashing right? Just roots and forest bed all the way down. Don't worry yourself too much, I was careful and dug a wide berth and didn't rub hard.

haha, glad it was a wide hole. And congrats on some sweet CC seated silver!
 
Your what's it is a wagon brake.

P@tch is that one of those Graeham Parking brakes? What kind of wagon? Bandwagons??
 
Last edited:
Awesome coin:headbang: Love the video :thumbsup: That's how I feel 90% of the time,lot of roovts up here in NH.Thats usually where most of my good stuff is! That wagon brake is pretty cool too8-) I've found those before,I had no idea.Is that a rosette in the top left?
 
Last edited:
Congrats on the CC Scrappy. I did not see that in the pic you sent... but who looks for that anyway, since it is NEVER there.

Very well played my man. You are something else!
 
Nice going on the cc Steve. I don't think I'll ever find one of those down here, especially since Carson City was not one of the colonial mints :laughing7:. Thanks for the call earlier too.
 
Awesome seated steve, but can I make 1 suggestion?

GLOVES

Lol awesome group of finds!
 
Great digs. My wife & I found 3 antlers on a recent exploration trip, 2 right beside each other and look to be from a matching set. BIG UNS.
 
Very cool! Still waiting on finding a seated!! And then a CC mint, even sweeter. Btw, I'm one of your lone 4 subs.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom