What's new

1877 Carson City seated live dig, 8-point antler find & buckle and a whats it?

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
1877 Carson City seated live dig, 8-point antler find & buckle and a what's it?

I got out to the area I visited yesterday. It's such a distance I only got 1-1/2 hours on the ground. But I dug a few keepers and a bucket lister. A Carson City mintmark has always eluded me. Granted living in New Jersey doesn't help my cause but I've dug over 400 silver coins and none have been CC's.

Anyway also scored a beautiful antler just sitting there on the ground. That was a first. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457631628.009183.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457631641.484129.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457631652.288998.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457631722.038639.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457631736.946995.webp
Also does anyone know what this is?ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457631687.988813.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457631703.579709.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457631663.242209.webp

And a rarity, the live dig seated. If you don't like curses I suggest you don't watch it.




ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457631972.877258.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457631981.329659.webp
Enjoy

Steve
 
Upvote 76
Man that's a great find. What's better than finding a seated dime? A Carson City seated dime!!
 
I haven't found any seated so, so I'd be happy as can be without a CC:tongue3:
 
Dang Steve you certainly had to work for that seated. That's one nice looking coin. I hope to find a CC or O mint mark sometime in my future.
 
Gotta love seated silver! Good job Scrap. Keep up the good work.
 
I look like that diggin in the woods too:) awesome coin!
 
Nice one scrappy, its in damn nice condition too congrats...
 
I'm still stuck on the wagon brake comment. If other people are finding them then why can't I find one single thing doing a Google image search that looks like that ? Anyone have a picture showing how it's used ? My guess, especially if others are finding them in the woods is that it's part of a maple sugar tap.
 
The what is it looks like a wagon or cart shaft end to me ,it's worn from being dragged on the ground when the horse not in the shafts.also very nice coin
 
The what is it looks like a wagon or cart shaft end to me ,it's worn from being dragged on the ground when the horse not in the shafts.also very nice coin


That's exactly what it is. Cart shaft end cap.

Carriage arm end caps.webp
 
Sorry, not real. I have the exact same coin in my coin collection, or at least, I did...

Bwahaha j/k GREAT LIVE DIG!!! Still looking for my first CC.
 
Anytime you dig a seated is great but getting a cc is awesome, congrats
 
Sweet little gem of a coin with the CC mint mark ; no doubt a scarce find! Just like the great half cent you got too, seldom found and seen!
Nice work!
Thanks IH. According to the book it's not scarce, but I think that word can be attributed to location, mintages, as well as condition with some coppers. It's a scarce thing for me! That CC is my one and only;)
Scrappy with a cc dime great digs Steve
Hh gl e/c
Thanks Charlie. See you soon buddy
Congrats on the CC dime. I dug a 1877 CC in my field earlier this year but yours is in better shape
Thanks. I've been watching you pop seated a like wheaties! This one was in some kind of clay muck. I think it kept it in that squishy hiding place for 130 or so years.
 
It's great how you take the time to reply to anyone you can who posted to you. I would do it more also but my wife complains enough already that I'm on here to much! Haha
 
Heck I'd be smashing away too at that great sounding 12-44!

Chris man, you know! Man that just sounded so sweet I knew it was a silver. And being a colonial site I knew it might be good. I was hoping for REALLY old but this was a-ok.
Thanks for looking bud

Steve
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom