What's new

1877 Indian Head

Indiana Digger

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
509
Reaction score
37
Golden Thread
0
Location
E.C. Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II SL90
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone!

I know I said I was DONE for the season, but I got the itch and hit the road.

I found not one, but TWO of these beauties today!

1877IH.webp


Oh, don't get too excited. Here's the rest of it.

1877IH2.webp

This is an 1877 Indiana Head Penny Bank that I found while junking in an old shop. I liked it so much that I bought two that they had. It's 3 inches in diameter, two inches tall and was made in 1975.

What did you expect? There's snow on the ground here and it's around 0 degrees with the wind chill!

Thought I'd jerk your chains!

Happy (warm) Hunting...

~Indiana Digger~
 
Upvote 0
You got me! :D I was thinking "man that IH came out of the ground looking sweet!"

Kent
 
Good job!!! Had me going there for a minute. I was thinking "Man that coin is in good shape"
 
Ditto here! I was wondering what kind of soil that came out of or how you had cleaned it up like that! :tongue3:
 
I'm with the rest... Thinking what a great looking coin and key date at that. ;D Laughter is good for the soul :laughing7:
 
Hoosier Hysteria!!!!! Ya gotta love that :tongue3: Now lets go shovel somemore lake effect! :icon_sunny: jgas
 
I am with you man. I think if we do any hunting around here, it better be inside. I like the sound of a road trip. I am afraid we would have to run 3 or 4 hundred miles south to warm up much. We will tough it out. I just hope the guys down south keep posting so we can remember what things look like. I like your Indians. Still one of my favorite things to find.

Don
HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom