What's new

1880 or 1889 V- Nickel?

hogan36

Full Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2013
Messages
178
Reaction score
79
Golden Thread
0
Location
memphis ,tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,


I'm unsure if this V- Nickel is dated 1880 or 1889. I'm not too sure if there is a mint mark either. Please help. What do you all think?
 

Attachments

  • 1880 or 1889 back.webp
    1880 or 1889 back.webp
    154.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 1880 Front .webp
    1880 Front .webp
    152.8 KB · Views: 88
My vote is for 89. BUT, you should compare it to photos of good examples of an '80 and an '89 before drawing any conclusion. If you haven't already. Good coin.
 
I see 80 but thats a hard one cause i can see both
 
My vote is for 89. BUT, you should compare it to photos of good examples of an '80 and an '89 before drawing any conclusion. If you haven't already. Good coin.
Thank you! I tried to compare it between the two dates. That's why it was so hard for me to go with the 80 and 89.I decided to post it to the community to get the thoughts of you all.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom