What's new

1885 V and a gold ring

birdman

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2005
Messages
7,467
Reaction score
2,418
Golden Thread
1
Location
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been awhile since I posted because my computer died but today turned out pretty good so I'm going to atempt to use my phone. I spent several hours in the water and came back with a nice 14k signet ring,a silver Rosie and a v nickle. I got home and looked at the date on the v and it's a key date. Poor shape but I'll take it. First good hunt I have had in a while.
 

Attachments

  • 20160703_194241.webp
    20160703_194241.webp
    363.5 KB · Views: 258
  • 20160703_194308.webp
    20160703_194308.webp
    354.3 KB · Views: 257
  • 20160703_180057.webp
    20160703_180057.webp
    611.4 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
Upvote 46
Key date nickel and gold ring- not bad!! Congrats on a great hunt!

-- Jeff --
Thanks Jeff, I'm in Cape Code right now on vacation. My scoop broke today so I have to try some repaires in the morning.. One musket ball was my take before the rod broke.
 
Last edited:
20160704_224801.webp Looks like the coin may be worth a bit more then I thought according to the internet.
 
Last edited:
20160704_225750.webp Side view of ring.
 
Your best bet for a rough value is checking completed eBay listings for items that sold that are similar to yours.
 
Stunning ring! And congrats on the V nickel. What an amazing haul!
 
Congratulations on the ring and the v nickel. Great finds.
 
Never thought about eBay for pricing , good information. Looks like the coin will clean up but I'm not noing to mess with it.
 
Last edited:
Congratulations on the key date V nickel. Love the old gold. WTG Birdman
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom