What's new

1885 V nickel

peanut

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2009
Messages
418
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this 1885 V nickel. How should I clean it? It books for $550 in G-4.
Thanks, peanut
 

Attachments

  • 100_2039.webp
    100_2039.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 791
  • 100_2040.webp
    100_2040.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 807
  • 100_2024.webp
    100_2024.webp
    6.7 KB · Views: 1,215
  • 100_2039.webp
    100_2039.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 775
  • 100_2040.webp
    100_2040.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 774
Upvote 0
Peanut,
Several of us would like too see a clearer picture up close. Here's my suggestion go to any Staples,Office Max, Walmart Photo center. They will be able to scan high resolution pictures of that key coin to your email there you can upload it to T-net. It's a dollar a scan.
 
Updated pics of 1885 V nickel

As requested here are the better pics of key date 1885 V nickel. :headbang:
 

Attachments

  • 100_2039.webp
    100_2039.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 887
  • 100_2040.webp
    100_2040.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 895
Re: Updated pics of 1885 V nickel

Thanks for the close ups peanut. That is the King of the V
 
Re: Updated pics of 1885 V nickel

Nova said:
Thanks for the close ups peanut. That is the King of the V
Thanks, thats about as clear as I can get with my digital camera. Do they look clear enough?
 
Re: Updated pics of 1885 V nickel

awesome find!!!!! when and how did you find it, give us the story, I missed original post
 
Re: Updated pics of 1885 V nickel

Goes4ever said:
awesome find!!!!! when and how did you find it, give us the story, I missed original post
I was actually looking for civil war relics along a creek pretty close to an old church. There was supposed to be a skirmish that went through the area. I also dug a 1897 V almost in the same hole, was'nt expecting either one.
 
Re: Updated pics of 1885 V nickel

Wow.... That is "the one to find" !!!! First 1885 I remember being posted here.

Great find....

Brian in MA
 
Re: Updated pics of 1885 V nickel

Nice coin Peanut. Thanks for the updated pics. :headbang:
 
Re: Updated pics of 1885 V nickel

hogge said:
Nice coin Peanut. Thanks for the updated pics. :headbang:
Thanks hogge
 
Re: Updated pics of 1885 V nickel

Brian in MA said:
Wow.... That is "the one to find" !!!! First 1885 I remember being posted here.

Great find....

Brian in MA
Thanks, I was shocked at the rariety and value when I got home and looked it up.
 
Re: Updated pics of 1885 V nickel

was this ever on the banner??
 
Re: Updated pics of 1885 V nickel

Goes4ever said:
was this ever on the banner??
No it was'nt
 
Re: Updated pics of 1885 V nickel

allen said:
a coin we all would love to find !!! :thumbsup:
Thanks, I was suprised when I seen it was the King of the V nickels. Once in a life time find.
 
Re: Updated pics of 1885 V nickel

Great find Peanut!!!! I found one last year that made the Banner on here,,,,,,I sold mine for $130 to a coin collector :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Re: Updated pics of 1885 V nickel

WOW, what a GREAT find.

You got my vote for BANNER and I don't know why it's not there already.
 
Hi Peanut,,,,As I said in your other thread, Big congrats on that one!!!! I found an 1885 V last year and made the Banner here,,,,actually, the Banner shows a Shield nickel that I found the same day,,,, I sold mine to a coin collector for $130,,,,,the 1886 is also one to find,,,,I think it's listed for around $200 in Good cond.
DO NOT clean it!!!!!!
 
Awesome find! DO NOT CLEAN IT, i agree with Fr3nch27, just put in in a 2x2 holder and call it good, have it graded.

-Dan
 
Re: Updated pics of 1885 V nickel

Carver said:
Great find Peanut!!!! I found one last year that made the Banner on here,,,,,,I sold mine for $130 to a coin collector :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
What grade was it?
 
Re: Updated pics of 1885 V nickel

peanut said:
Carver said:
Great find Peanut!!!! I found one last year that made the Banner on here,,,,,,I sold mine for $130 to a coin collector :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
What grade was it?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom