What's new

1888 Key Date error Indian Head Penny...how to tell u have the real deal?

DiggityDiggity

Full Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2013
Messages
249
Reaction score
544
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro, Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just wondering if anyone has ever come across an 1888 indian head penny error or come across a good example of one -- which has the 7 stamped over the 8. I haven't seen any good photos of one via google. I found an 1888 wheat penny Md'ing and I'm hoping it could be one of these. :) Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated
 
Can you post a picture? The overdate is not very apparent so the coin would have to be pretty decent to see it, there should also be a small cud on the rim over the TE of united on the obverse
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom