What's new

1890 Morgan Dollar

TheJoeCannon

Greenie
Joined
Oct 30, 2021
Messages
13
Reaction score
152
Golden Thread
0
EB8E0529-406E-4DE1-BDDE-B8E277477744.jpeg

Never thought I’d dig one and today I popped one out of a yard of a house built in 1954. I still can’t believe it. Found it with an XP Deus 2 in Charlotte, Nc.
 
Upvote 129
spectacular find and an awesome picture! When I started detecting when I was 12 years old I always had dreams of finding a morgan dollar. 47 years later and I'm still hoping to find one. LOL
 
Just goes to show you never know what you're going to find. Who would expect something like that at a relatively new house? 30+ years of hunting and it remains on my bucket list. I know someone already asked, but I'm curious as well- any MM on the reverse? A "CC" in that condition would be worth some nice cash...
 
NICE FIND Joe :)
 
Wow ... what a killer find - congrats ! :occasion14:
And at 1954 house - I had similar thing happen to me a few years ago.
I was hunting a friends property - the house was built in 1932 and I dug a real nice 1845 Large Cent.
I think it's possible in both cases that kids could have been playing in the yard with Grandpa's coins ?
also who knows where fill dirt comes from sometimes, could be from an older site.
 
View attachment 2040839
Never thought I’d dig one and today I popped one out of a yard of a house built in 1954. I still can’t believe it. Found it with an XP Deus 2 in Charlotte, Nc.
Nice find!. Silver dollars don't usually turn up. It must be the Deus 2:laughing7:
 
View attachment 2040839
Never thought I’d dig one and today I popped one out of a yard of a house built in 1954. I still can’t believe it. Found it with an XP Deus 2 in Charlotte, Nc.
It's a good hunting day when miss MORGAN comes out to meet you. Happy Hunting
 
Beautiful Morgan! Huge congrats! Way up on my to dig list.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom