18k Gold in the dirt!

procali

Nov 16, 2013
BajaMex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, ctx 3030, sdc 2300, Sovereign Gt, Excal 1000, x-terra 705, profind, propointer. Stealth 720i and 920ix
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was near what i tought was a hunted out park by me of course, i dont think there is another metal detector in use in this area like forever, so i wanted to air test with my xterra a couple of cracked gold rings i found last week at the beach and hunt for maybe an hour, not expecting to find much, boy was i wrong, started hitting on the bi metalic mexican clad, a coin here, a spill there, tested the rings one a 5 gram 10 k the other a 1.6 gr 14 k and to my surprise they sounded pretty bad between iron and foil obviously due to the crack, that iffy bad signal/tone stuck with me and i started to focus on that signal, got a solid low tone 6 id turned out to be my first ring a ss, continued and got a 10 peso and more bimetalic and steel coins, was swinging a slope an i get the signal and sound the rings gave, i dig and see the glint of gold, part of a bracelet, started to hunt the rest of it, found two more pieces in the first hole then a foot or two away the signal repeats i dig and get the part were writing goes, nice and buttery yellow and i said looks like 18 k and once at home confirmed it with some acid, 4 gr of 18 k, put the detector on prospecting mode to find the rest of it, but time had other plans and decided to return another day and continue looking for it, on the way to the car i got a nice solid high tone and dug my second ring of the hunt. Also the EMI started to get pretty bad and the detector would not stabilize wich makes hearing those whispers almost impossible, i hope it was emi and not a faulty component.
No such thing as a hunted out spot, and now im sure theres more hidden trasure waiting for me to pass my coil over it and get it.

Round up

8786711e72e277b25f64df086ae5703b_zpsurk8qupm.jpg

Butter
6cd8e66e6dc381a888f9ca565e7e9ed1_zpsmqtcvlzq.jpg

4 gr 18k
850c0700cd71735396b95b28fc6322c8_zps1rxmden8.jpg

14 and 18k acid test
b381aa1b34f97dd4bad80431f02a9836_zpszp4y6fsf.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 13
OP
OP
procali

procali

Nov 16, 2013
BajaMex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, ctx 3030, sdc 2300, Sovereign Gt, Excal 1000, x-terra 705, profind, propointer. Stealth 720i and 920ix
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAHAHA!! Well, I'll give you this much.. you don't mess around when it comes to creating a scratch to test. I just busted up when I saw that! Is there any bracelet left? (kidding of course... I know from experience that it hardly removes any material at all!)

GREAT hunt, and well played sir, immediately taking what you learned and turning into AWESOMENESS.

Thanks Skippy, your comment cracked me up, im just gona have to go get the rest to compensate the loss!:laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice results for your time spent, the bracelet sure had a run in with a mower, it's loss is your gain. Nice scratch test photo.:thumbsup:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The rest of that may still be there...
Prolly not too faraway from where the mower "shot" that one out.

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I agree, go back and get it!

OP
OP
procali

procali

Nov 16, 2013
BajaMex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice results for your time spent, the bracelet sure had a run in with a mower, it's loss is your gain. Nice scratch test photo.:thumbsup:

Im going to start hunting those hunted out parks with this new method, gota dig the foil if ou want the gold.

The good part about looking for the rest of it is the posibillity of finding something diferent of the yellow color.

Love 18K!:occasion14:

Love the color of 18k when its from the dirt.

Very nice.
Thank you

I agree, go back and get it!
Its going to have to wait at least another day, but ill get it. Ill keep you posted. Thanks for the reply.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome gold find! Congrats!
Guess the mower tried eating it and spit it out.
Gold is Gold especially 18 K!
That is the saying, "no place is hunted out", "buttery" proof positive!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread