18th Century Spanish silver and classic colonial buttons...

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I went out in between the rain to see if I could score a few goodies. I finally made it back to a new site where I scored a Ferdinand VII 1/2 reale about two weeks ago. The result was a bunch of buttons including a silver faced and two wonderful beehive style flatties...

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494031220.662410.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494031229.627025.jpg

Bingo. 4" and a Lincoln cent signal.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494031616.847046.jpg

Also found a nice little square of silver...

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494031669.494773.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494031681.441950.jpg

Some strange demon ring...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494031693.300090.jpg

Looks like a piece of a medal, minus a wing
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494031702.273714.jpg

The reale looks like a 1790 Carolous IIII, Mexico City mint. Second reale from the site and my second 1790 1/2 reale.

Here's a pic of the three.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494031941.528463.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494031743.298679.jpg

Enjoy and good hunts everyone!

Steve

Upvote 34
Killing it no matter where you end up. I think you'd find treasure in the Gobi, blindfolded. :thumbsup:

Killing it no matter where you end up. I think you'd find treasure in the Gobi, blindfolded. :thumbsup:

Haha! Thanks ZK, but honestly I still maintain its mostly luck. Cheers pal

Nice finds. My guess is thats supposed to be a lion w/ gems in the eyes. I have one, much clearer lion w/ gems in eyes and mouth. Also, have seen a number of the lion rings found on colonial sites.

Nice finds. My guess is thats supposed to be a lion w/ gems in the eyes. I have one, much clearer lion w/ gems in eyes and mouth. Also, have seen a number of the lion rings found on colonial sites.

That's great info about the lion Gary. It's really great to have you back on Tnet bud. Congrats on that big-8

Awesome scores Steve. I agree with Z.K., you can sniff out the goods anywhere you are. Have you ever tried hunting here?

FullSizeR_2.jpg

Wow Scrappy, another sweet hunt. Love the silver and eagle shield!

Wow! Love the Spanish silvers but haven't found one in awhile. A long while.

Great finds! That's one awesome hunting ground. Congratulations!

I like the eagle with shield most of all - nice digs!

Thx Jim. I haven't looked into the eagle yet, but the stamping and style likely makes it 19th century. Somewhere in my Internet "travels" I've seen one posted, and it was a medal, so that's where I'll start. Cheers

Great finds! That's one awesome hunting ground. Congratulations!

Much appreciated Aureus. Some of those buttons are the nicer ones, so the owners had some money. That's a good thing;)

Spanish silver!!!! Awesome score, Congrats!

OMG!! Once again incredible find! You find incredible spots to hunt. I'm still searching for my first 1700's silver in USA. Nicely done ! Congrats and HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back