Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As detectorists we want to hunt the places we are most likely to find a lot of goodies. But sometimes we hunt other spots in the hope that something was missed. That was the case yesterday. This state park has a lot of visitors and usually they loose a lot of stuff. But since it is after Labor Day and the other folks have detected it hard and in this park if you are camping the manager lets you detect from 6-9 am before Labor Day (and a lot of people do that), the likelyhood of a great find was small. So I was hoping for some things missed or some new losses.

I have to drive 90 miles to this park and it has produced some real nice gold finds in the past, but this time I did not do as well as I had hoped. I did have some luck. In 8 hours of swingin the ATPro in the water I ended up with 12 coins with a face value of $.20, a pile of earrings, earring backs, fishing sinkers, pellet gun pellets, 3 cheapy rings, a bracelet, 2 pendants, 3 beads, 1.5 tabs, some sequins, some hair pins, foil and my new least favorite water find, the ever present selfie stick retainers.

D5577414-3B86-4491-A6B3-F3926F47CB20.jpeg 55425F84-E1D4-4FB5-82F5-908A8D45FBF7.jpeg

Three of the earrings looked like gold, but they were unmarked. When I tested them they were not gold darn it.

B528E31F-5F55-49F6-A548-8AD5792CDC91.jpeg

The center earring on the bottom is the only gold for the day. It’s 14k and light, but any gold is good gold and at the current price it might pay for my gas to get to the park. The rest of the pictured items are marked 925, including 6 earring backs, part of a hoop earring that goes in the pierced hole, a small piece of fine chain with a brass clasp added, 9 stud earrings and 2 very similar hoop earrings. The number of silver finds was nice, but the quality and weight of the finds is unfortunately small.

0BA2186D-19AD-4A82-BBD7-6F57803770DE.jpeg

A fun day in the sun getting my social distancing exercise with my wife cross stitching on the shore waiting for me to finish so I can take her to a nice dinner (our restaurant selection at home is very limited and poor). A tiny bit of gas cash and a bunch of earrings and backs to help me make marched pairs to sell. Thanks for looking, stay safe and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 27

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a whole lot of great finds- Congrats!

terrafirma

Sep 9, 2020
new england
Detector(s) used
SE PRO, Safari, Excalibur II, Garrett gold scorpion, Whites PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A fine day indeed!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread