What's new

1902 house

dusty1530

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2013
Messages
417
Reaction score
206
Golden Thread
0
Location
Brownsville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to go metal detecting on a house that was built in 1902 this Friday it is a historical site do you think that I will have any problems with the locals I have permission from the owner
 
As long as you have permission who care what the locals say.
 
Lol
 
good luck w/ your hunt. not knowing the situation, permission in writing is best, not always possible or necessary though, every hunt is different... don't worry about the neighbors, if you are a good BS artist, you'll be doing theirs as well.
 
I do have permission from the owner in fact I have been invited
 
say you are searching for the foundation of an older dwelling
 
I was thinking to say that the owner had me come in to look four whatever might be in the ground for historical research
 
Will the owners be present when you hunt it? If not, you may want to find out the names of any neighbors or caretakers of the property.

My story.... I got permission to hunt around an old house, but the owner lived a few states away. I asked her if anyone else would be around and she stated that a neighbor mows the grass for them and gave me his name.

Sure enough while I was detecting a short while I notice two men walking over to me. I introduced myself and asked if one of them were Richard, the fellow who watches the property and mows the grass. It was the guy, and as soon as I told him who gave me permission, he was friendly and said good luck and went away.

It is always good to be prepared and know names/contact info of those you may run into like I did, especially when the owner is nowhere close by.
 
Jeremy makes a good point. Other than that don't worry about the busy bodies that may show up~ but don't get into an argument if they want to be weenies. Luck with your hunt.
 
Just tell the truth as you know it! Honesty is always the best policy!


wade
 
I will let you all know how it turns out after I come back from the hunt
 
Tomorrow is today I'm very excited I will let y'all know what happens in my finds I will probably make a new post about this
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom