Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
1903 liberty "V" nickle

Hey all,
I went back to were I've been finding all the Indian Heads and found another 1906 IH, thats 7 all together, a 1919s wheatie, and this 1903 "V" nickle. It's the best shape "V" I've found so-far... It was at about 5" down, and a very iffy signal...

Have to give a special Thanks to Baddog1 for posting his " V" Nickle yesterday... I was just complimenting him on how good it looked, and it looks like some of it rubbed off... ;D
Good luck & Happy Hunting~

Attachments

• VNickle1903.JPG
    VNickle1903.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 286
Upvote 0

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Re: 1903 liberty "V" nickle

Leon, looks like you have a hot site.nice hunting.like your coin stand,did you make it?HH

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy

WTG Leon..that is one nice nickle. Want to double your money I will give you shiny new dime for it ;D

Dave

R

rvbvetter

Very nice find! I'll up that to a shiny new dime and a shiny new penny. WTG! HH

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

wow it sounds like you have found a dandy of a site to hunt. what is it? or what was it i might say. how much more area do you have to hunt. there could be a lot more cool finds just waiting to be discovered!

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Thanks all,,,
It has been one honey of a hole... The site is an area around an old Soapbox Derby hill. It's been well used since, I'm not sure when. That is something I think I'll look up tonight... Also before the derby came along, there was an old amusment park in the area.
I think there are certain areas with the old dirt, and some of it has been filled :( The spot were I found all the stuff the last few days is almost hunted out, I think. I need to find me another area with some of the old dirt and I might just get another lucky steak... I was just there again for a few hours with no luck, Just one new penny, and I dug just about everything.

I think I'll pass on all the offers for the nickle... ;D but thanks anyway...
Ooops, I forgot JARMAN,,, The coin holder is a piece of plastic that goes into the end of a piece of square tubing, that a screw can be screwed into...
Come off a fan, or something... I think the young'n must have had it playing with it, but I said, " Hey, thats works pretty good "...
I was going to put " works pretty well " and be correct, but that just wouldn't be me... ;D

poolboy

Mar 27, 2005

nice nickel Leon! that one is in better shape than mine.and older too!I know what you mean about A honey hole.Our spots we have are dreams come true.H.H !hope we both can pull out some more

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+

Awesome find Leon! Sounds like that place has produced a few good oldies for you! Hope it keeps up!

Congrats!

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice nickle, Leon. What do you mean the signal was iffy? Was it like pull tab or broken up?

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

haupin said:
Nice nickle, Leon.? What do you mean the signal was iffy?? Was it like pull tab or broken up?

Hi ya? haupin,,,
By " iffy " I mean, that the signal would only ID close to what it was actually supposed to, and also, only do that once in a while...
All the other time the coil would pass, it would sound like an iron hit... If you are running discrimination then you probably wouldn't be hearing the deep iron hit...
Hope this helps...

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice V Nickle Leon! Sounds like you have a great site there! Keep hunting and get it all - nickels that old means silver!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread