Jun 10, 2004

Attachments

• MVC-001E.JPG
    MVC-001E.JPG
    10.9 KB · Views: 358
Upvote 0
F

Floater

Nice , Is it Brass or Copper, or it could be the Nickel Plate over Brass. Should clean up nice but go slow.HH

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
yup its a fire extiguisher. probably from the late teens early 20s. my brother collects old fire house related stuff and has one. i will try to remember to ask him about the age.

FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found one while detecting once, but it was too beat up to save though :'( . Nice and cool find! HH!

Fox

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very cool!!!
FLoater took the words right out of my mouth,,, is it Copper, or Brass?...
There have been some realy neat and interesting finds on here this week, huh ???

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Weeki Wachee, FL (north of Tampa)
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
That is a very cool find. I would guess the age as a little later though. I would guess around the early 1950's. I would also guess that it's brass. Most of them were, the larger soda acid type came in copper and brass. I have a few of these, they have carbon tetrachloride in them. If it has any liquid in it be sure to dispose of it properly(the liquid). It's really not dangerous unless heated!! Fumes are then poisonous, thats why their not around any more. This is what I've been doing of twenty years, servicing fire equipment.

OP
OP
J

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Thanks guys and Floater it is brass,will take my time to clean and hope for the best.Leon seems I have seen alot of great post from you this week.Why the ??? face? Thanks Hollow for any information.I have not done a search yet.HH

clump63

Mar 1, 2005
central Indiana
Crawl spaces have always had my attention. Lots of treasure to be found under those old houses. When I was a kid I found an old beer can under our house and sold it at a local beer can show for 30 bucks. Been hooked on treasure hunting ever since. Nice find. Love the old fire ext.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions