1909 VDB

wvdirtdigger

Mar 9, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my week has been pretty crappy. Dealing with a divorce and all the crap that goes with it. Went to my temp hearing and found out that the judge felt that my soon to be ex needed my money more than me! So after being rather down I decided to hit a spot in the woods behind my mother's that I've been to a half dozen times without a single old coin appearing. It was getting dark when I started out but I just wanted to hear the humm more than anything.
Working around a large pine I started plucking out the old shotgun shell brass. Then a memorial nickel -1948. Then a 68-70 VDI at the base of one of the trees. At a half inch I got a penny. Figured it was a new drop but then looking at the back I thought I had a wheat. Got home and hit it with water thought the date said 1909. I started the soak process. Then lightly cleaning the back I got the letters I've tried to put on every wheatie I have ever dug VDB. Woo hooo!!! It is not an s mint mark but man I an stoked with this wheatie!!
For a week that has not went even close to what I expected it sure ended good!! Hope ya'll enjoy it as well!

image-1158418726.jpg

image-2991139720.jpg

Upvote 12
Nice find. Sorry about the divorce. Hope it's all her fault and you will be happier without her.

Sorry to hear In same boat meet judge next month. But swinging my machine makes it all go away and gets it off my mind. Next time hope u get vdb With S. or a nice hunk of gold with a huge diamond and know she will never put it on her finger. Nice coin !!!!!

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Very interesting, nice finds, congrats!

Great Wheat!, I hope things go better with your ex. Been there and still going through it with mine.
Thank god mine and I get along well. Good luck and happy hunting!

Nice find , there is no better therapy then swinging the old detector, CONGRATS on the find.

Bubba65

Always nice to find a VDB. After all these years I think I have 3 or 4 of them.

Nice find sorry about the life bump remember we have to dig thru a lot of trash to get to the good stuff

Well I appreciate all of your comments. I'm going to head back to the wood lot. I hope there is a second VDB this time with a S. Thanks again.

Congrats on the 1909 VDB.... not an easy one to find. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back