What's new

1912 "S" Liberty Head nickel today

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real happy with my find today!
I was happy with the Florida East Coast railroad lead seal I found just two minuets and only a few paces from it.
It was practically laying on the surface.. As soon as I heard the signal I look down and could see the "roundness" just below a thin layer of sand.
I wiped the sand away and immediately knew what it was this was a photo I snapped just as I stood up and let out a few hoots.


ForumRunner_20140301_183323.webp



ForumRunner_20140301_183340.webp



ForumRunner_20140301_183406.webp



ForumRunner_20140301_183428.webp



ForumRunner_20140301_183444.webp



ForumRunner_20140301_183500.webp



ForumRunner_20140301_183523.webp



ForumRunner_20140301_183543.webp
 
Hey Gator, they only minted 238,000 of those, they are worth a little bit according to condition. I would have it professionally cleaned. Way to Go! Awesome Find! :icon_thumleft:
 
Last edited:
THANKS! I just had to double check to make sure.... YUP! That's an S
 
I was just looking in a 2008 redbook at that same date I think it had 140$ in G-4 condition. NICE FIND!!! The two I had were the more common ones.
 
Thank you this is very surprising since I don't find that many old coins to begin with.
I'm not going to clean it at all but I did wet it slightly to hopefully show more detail

ForumRunner_20140301_200028.webp



ForumRunner_20140301_200042.webp
 
Put a magnifying loupe infront of the cameras lens to get closer up photos.
 
Oh that's pretty neat I'll have to play around with this for a minute

ForumRunner_20140301_202653.webp
 
I found a 1912 (no mint mark) just last spring in my front yard. Not too rare, they minted over 26 million of them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom