1914 Barber in Old Schoolyard

CladMoonRising

Jan 29, 2015
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The school buildings made way for tract houses in the 80's but I've identified where the athletic field was and it's still accessible. I pulled this nice quarter near where the baseball field was. My oldest quarter yet and first Barber!

1914_Barber_Quarter.jpg

Upvote 16
Congratz! Awesome barber find!

Nice barber

Congrats!! I have only found a few silver quarters, looking to add one of those to the list.. way to go!!
:occasion14:

Nice find, congrats. I have only found one Barber quarter, and let me tell you, it was quite a thrill. Yours is a lot nicer than mine too. Well played.

Nice silver find :icon_thumleft:

Great looking Barber ! My first (and only) Barber quarter is also my oldest coin find, an 1898 in the same hole I found my first ever silver quarter, a 1939 Washington. A day of firsts...first silver quarter, first Barber, first silver quarter spill...But congrats on your awesome find, now get back there and find the rest!...ddf

Congrats on pulling that sweet Barber quarter, I am in the same boat as Tom, my Barber is well worn.

Great find! That one is still on my bucket list. HH and continued success...Brad

Nice tough coin find! Barbers are awesome...

What part of the field?

There's nothing left to indicate there was ever a playing field there but old satellite photos show where the baseball field was. The coin was on the 3rd base line probably where spectators would have stood.

Very cool, hopefully you can pop out some more!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back